The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Struggling to find insurance on a Twin Turbo.

kurkjones

As title states, nobody will insure me...

Tried Sky, Aviva, TempCover.com (just to bring her home).

Aged 22, I understand why there is hesitation to insure me on a car like the TT Supra. Anyone else had this issue at my age and if so what did you do? Thanks.

Only thing I can do is with GoSkippy with a blackbox installed on the car so far...

At your age, you will be better trying companies like Adrian Flux and Admiral. I'm not sure if you can get a classic policy at your age, but maybe worth trying the like of A Plan, Footman James and Competition car insurance. Try a limited mileage policy.

Also, if you haven't got one already, get a decent alarm and immobiliser fitted, as the premium saving may pay for it in a year at your age. And name one of your parents on your policy.

At your age, you will be better trying companies like Adrian Flux and Admiral. I'm not sure if you can get a classic policy at your age, but maybe worth trying the like of A Plan, Footman James and Competition car insurance. Try a limited mileage policy.

Also, if you haven't got one already, get a decent alarm and immobiliser fitted, as the premium saving may pay for it in a year at your age. And name one of your parents on your policy.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm willing to try all sorts. Will try Classic insurance first and see what prices I get quoted, and then yeah, go for the big names. I currently insure my MR2 Turbo with Elephant, and the insurance runs out on the 25th of April, I pick the car up on the 23rd, so if they are willing to insure me I would change it over around the 20th and it would only cost me to insure it for a week or so. IF they will insure me on it.

Adrian Flux

Had my n/a at 21 and single turbo'd at 22 and both were around the £1k mark then

TT supras are not much different in cost at all to the n/a versions, before i bought my current TT i had another n/a as a temp car for 3 months and the price went up £56 on the TT over the whole year as its paid over 10 months it was around £6 a month more

So you've bought a car and not checked to see if you can get insured on it :blink:

Try admiral they insured me at 21 on a TT

I can definitely get insured on it, was just shopping about for the best quote. Gocompare showed results around the 1200-1500 pound mark. GoSkippy with blackbox - 750, Aviva with App - 750.

As title states, nobody will insure me.

Tried Sky, Aviva, TempCover.com (just to bring her home).

Aged 22, I understand why there is hesitation to insure me on a car like the TT Supra. Anyone else had this issue at my age and if so what did you do? Thanks.

Only thing I can do is with GoSkippy with a blackbox installed on the car so far...

:innocent:

I can definitely get insured on it, was just shopping about for the best quote. Gocompare showed results around the 1200-1500 pound mark. GoSkippy with blackbox - 750, Aviva with App - 750.

To be honest £750 isn't too bad for 22. Does the car have any mods? are they declared?

To be honest £750 isn't too bad for 22. Does the car have any mods? are they declared?

Alloys and a custom built exhaust. The rest of the car is entirely stock. Has an immobiliser and key fob etc alarm system which I did forget to declare also. Might help bring in a few more providers etc.

Still got a good month before I pick the car up so hopefully have something sorted, just wanted to see what other people have done in past to find competitive quotes.

It might be stupid but try go compare at about 11pm in evening and try different dates of taking policy out like change from 13th to the 21st try all different ones coz i did this with my na and found it saved me nearly £200 I got myn for £300 full comp and with missis and AA BREAKDOWN onit to lol

Just phoned my current insurer who I hold a policy with for my mr2 turbo and even though they never quoted me online or through comparison sites they quoted me £675 today on the phone annually. So it's safe to say I'll be snapping that deal! Haha!

Just phoned my current insurer who I hold a policy with for my mr2 turbo and even though they never quoted me online or through comparison sites they quoted me £675 today on the phone annually. So it's safe to say I'll be snapping that deal! Haha!

Yeah jump on that, that is a good price!

I recall my first 6 cylinder car was purchased when I was 19. It was a 3.0S Capri. The quotes you have aren't bad. I'd definitely avoid any black box policies though as they do have instant cancellation clauses which will cramp your freedom on a TT Supra. Admiral were always my go to insurer when I was a youngster.