Tiptronic owners

j_jza80

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at toyodiy internally the boxes appear the same, apart from the valve body so in theory the IPT rebuild kit that contains the Raybestos plates and upgraded billet parts from ATF *should* fit. It's the way I will be looking to go when the time comes.

I take it the individual components don't have part numbers? There are two extra solenoids in the tiptronic boxes IIRC, so presumably there are a few additional small differences. I doubt there'sany difference in the gears themselves etc.

Looking at toyodiy internally the boxes appear the same, apart from the valve body so in theory the IPT rebuild kit that contains the Raybestos plates and upgraded billet parts from ATF *should* fit. It's the way I will be looking to go when the time comes.

The valve body internal wiring loom and solenoids are different as we found out last year when I opened mine to change the Filter

- - - Updated - - -

I take it the individual components don't have part numbers? There are two extra solenoids in the tiptronic boxes IIRC, so presumably there are a few additional small differences. I doubt there'sany difference in the gears themselves etc.

Not according to the EPC. We have 4x Accumulator Pistons (B-0, B-2, C-0 & C-2) and 3x Solenoids (Line Pressure, Lock Up & Shift) I think this is where the mix up. I'm just double checking now :)

There are different part numbers at the crossover point auto to tiptronic.

E2A

Matt's photo above appears to confirm this.

Can i gain access to the club :D

http://www.2jzgarage.com/2012/02/2jzgte-vvti-information/

Some good information here on the vvti variation.

Some pictures here.

http://www.2jzgarage.com/2013/04/vvti-pictures

My understanding is the A340-E is unique to the vvti tiptronic supra, and is different internally to any of the other auto boxes.

I read something about it somewhere only a few evenings ago.

Edited by Pudsey (see edit history)

Some pictures here.

My understanding is the A340-E is unique to the vvti tiptronic supra, and is different internally to any of the other auto boxes.

I knew I was missing one :D (probably several)

Some pictures here.

I used the Aristo owners club to diagnose fault codes for the Tiptronic Box I have the ECU pinouts and fault code diagrams translated on my other drive somewhere..

It looks like every single internal part of the auto box are available separately with their own part numbers.

Nic, do you know of any mechanic manuals for the tiptronic box?

No sorry I don't. Did the US spec get tiptronic or just the j-spec? If it was just the j-spec Supra then it'll probably not be available in English.

The A340E was used on a lot of Toyota models, I don't know if any of these were tiptronic, if they were then perhaps hunting down a manual for one of these models would help.

You can tell the Tipto people, they are surrounded by hundreds of wiring diagrams that are incorrect and racking up huge phone bills trying to find someone who understands how they work ;) They also never drive fast in case it drops into first at 130. They have tried all 569 ways of wiring up HKS gizmos, but see only magic smoke or warning lights :) Basically, they look stressed.

:rlol:

Sounds accurate.

Yes. +1 Tip.

No sorry I don't. Did the US spec get tiptronic or just the j-spec? If it was just the j-spec Supra then it'll probably not be available in English.

The A340E was used on a lot of Toyota models, I don't know if any of these were tiptronic, if they were then perhaps hunting down a manual for one of these models would help.

VVTI Tiptronic was Jap only yes

The aristo and some Lexus got the 2jzgte VVTI Tiptronic combo ...

The lexus IS300 has the triptronic box with a 2JZGE engine if that helps! Sure the manuals are available for it. On another note has anyone figured out how to stop the triptronic box kicking down Into low gears when driving at +110? Only asking as thinking of getting an Arsito VVTI Triptronic

The lexus IS300 has the triptronic box with a 2JZGE engine if that helps! Sure the manuals are available for it. On another note has anyone figured out how to stop the triptronic box kicking down Into low gears when driving at +110? Only asking as thinking of getting an Arsito VVTI Triptronic

I think so but it isn't cheap and is still work in progress, fit a Syvecs S6+ standalone which will control the engine & box.

On another note has anyone figured out how to stop the triptronic box kicking down Into low gears when driving at +110? Only asking as thinking of getting an Arsito VVTI Triptronic

I've never experienced that, is it only when you have a speed delimiter installed that happens?