The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Europe

Dnk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the fact been mentioned that the migrant horde would actually prefer your jobs nay in fact I firmly believe that most want what I would and that is their kids take our kids jobs in order to eek out a future for themselves at the expense of the indigenous population. If you look at the early development of major american cities you will see the historic proof of this. Where you have a population of people that will work for significantly less than the local populace and will live in lesser conditions to do so then the local population is at risk of being pushed out whilst huge slums start to develop. From those slums people work hard get as educated and slowly break down the barriers to better jobs and before you know it the original population is usurped and replaced. You want proof just look at America! The turmoil this displacement causes is evident and manifests itself as extremist behaviours. If we don't keep a lid on it all it could get very nasty.

Now being in or out of Europe might make little difference. We already Police our borders better than any other European country does (benefits of being an Island). Would we get better border security by pissing the french off and leaving the EU? Would we be any more powerful to deport folk that do sneak aboard the great ship Britannia? My juries out on that one.

Now when it comes to trade mere mortals like us don't operate at massive conglomerate levels so really aren't qualified to understand what impact an in or out decision will have (I'd hazard a guess that even these international banker types don't actually really know).

FWIW I reckon the vote will go marginally stay in and I base that guess on the fact that people are inherently conservative in nature. The Scottish Independence vote displayed something similar I believe.

Has the fact been mentioned that the migrant horde would actually prefer your jobs nay in fact I firmly believe that most want what I would and that is their kids take our kids jobs in order to eek out a future for themselves at the expense of the indigenous population. If you look at the early development of major american cities you will see the historic proof of this. Where you have a population of people that will work for significantly less than the local populace and will live in lesser conditions to do so then the local population is at risk of being pushed out whilst huge slums start to develop. From those slums people work hard get as educated and slowly break down the barriers to better jobs and before you know it the original population is usurped and replaced. You want proof just look at America! The turmoil this displacement causes is evident and manifests itself as extremist behaviours. If we don't keep a lid on it all it could get very nasty.

Now being in or out of Europe might make little difference. We already Police our borders better than any other European country does (benefits of being an Island). Would we get better border security by pissing the french off and leaving the EU? Would we be any more powerful to deport folk that do sneak aboard the great ship Britannia? My juries out on that one.

Now when it comes to trade mere mortals like us don't operate at massive conglomerate levels so really aren't qualified to understand what impact an in or out decision will have (I'd hazard a guess that even these international banker types don't actually really know).

FWIW I reckon the vote will go marginally stay in and I base that guess on the fact that people are inherently conservative in nature. The Scottish Independence vote displayed something similar I believe.

Good post and sums up my own thoughts pretty much.

Interestingly one of my sons has just returned from a 4 year stay in South Korea, before he went he spoke to his then employer to see if he could go back and work there when he returned. Well he has just been offered his old job back for £2 an hour less than what he was on 4 years ago. Reason given - migrant workers are queuing up for positions and happy to work for less and on flexi hours (by that they mean happy to be laid off when there is no work and available for longer hours when there is).

I'll leave it on the coffee table for you to read in a bit then ;)

Your BNP membership form is here too.

Thanks - I used it to wipe my shoes after walking through what was left of your lawn after it was turned into a parking lot. :p

Interestingly one of my sons has just returned from a 4 year stay in South Korea, before he went he spoke to his then employer to see if he could go back and work there when he returned. Well he has just been offered his old job back for £2 an hour less than what he was on 4 years ago. Reason given - migrant workers are queuing up for positions and happy to work for less and on flexi hours (by that they mean happy to be laid off when there is no work and available for longer hours when there is).

Also South Korea has become quite fashionable as the rest of the world wakes up to the fact it's a nice place to be.

Another boost for the OUT people, as the very recently agreed deal with Turkey to take back illegal migrants landing in Greece has already all but fallen apart. Apart from a handful of Pakistanis flown out, each with 2 minders, Greece has now stopped sending any more as processing them is taking too long to enable a continuing flow of even 200 a day, less than new illegal migrants land ashore. Our naval ships sent out to deter people smuggling from Turkey and Libya are doing just as I feared and helping these illegal migrants onto larger vessels and taking them safely ashore on overcrowded Greek islands. A good deterrent indeed... And then there's the fiasco of the EU court of justice stating that EU originating immigrants in other EU countries cannot be returned to their originating EU country if the prison facilities there are poor. They consider those of Romania and Hungary "poor", yet these countries have unfettered EU membership. Those that have no papers as they have thrown them away in order to say they are from wherever suits their nefarious purposes best? No doubt the EU Court of Justice will take a view they must not be touched and can remain come what may if found to be of a criminal bent. The insanity deepens.

I know this will seem quite blunt but if this happened at any other time in the past is would have been considered an invasion and war would ensue, the only difference now is that we have another foreign country (one we have a history of war with) telling us to let them in ????? how does that work ????

If hilter had known he could invade us with another countries population things would be completely different now, although i'm starting to question if we actually won the second world war as all the nazi plans are still happening.

ok let's imagine a scenario where not one pole, Indian Pakistani etc was ever allowed into Britain, please describe what sort of utopia we would be living in now? How our living standards and wealth would be so much better? Obviously you cannot really say but a blanket ban now on further migrants appears popular to safe guard the 'indigenous' population, so they must be a long term hindrance and there must be a perceived long term advantage for us? There seems to be an assumption on the one hand that they will be a drain economically, via benefits etc but then they are equally vilified if wanting to better themselves as they are simply stealing our jobs?

No one is asking for a complete halt on migration, not even UKIP. What we don't want is the current free for all, and an extra 300,000 people (if you believe the official figures) every year through migration alone just isn't sustainable.

No one is asking for a complete halt on migration, not even UKIP. What we don't want is the current free for all, and an extra 300,000 people (if you believe the official figures) every year through migration alone just isn't sustainable.

This.

I don't believe any is wanting to halt immigration, just mass illegal immigration.

Many of us also want to KNOW where these migrants are from, why they want to come here, and be able to do background checks on them. Many of us expect them to do their best to integrate into a British way of life and ethos, not form densely packed communities with few speaking proper English and many happy to continue their own, often very different and backward way of life with no desire to change. Even worse is to be expected to accept those that are here as free loaders and who actively dislike us.

One million eight hundred thousand two hundred *ILLEGAL* migrants are KNOWN to have entered Europe last year alone, state Frontex. Frontex also state they have have *no idea* how many more have entered and not been logged... Is that a sustainable figure? Is such uncontrolled migration at all conducive to security? Given the parlous state of our economies and public services, is there any realistic hope this sort of volume of people can be accommodated, educated and found work in anything approaching a sensible manner?

And more keep coming. Few seem to have enriched my local area, or are likely to.

Not just illegal, we certainly don't need hundreds of thousands of migrants saturating the labour market every year. By coincidence, I had seen my dentist was advertising for a receptionist role earlier. A basic receptionist role, £16k a year, and they stipulated that you must have a batchelors degree. Absolute madness.

Another I saw was a Technical support telephone position for a local gardening equipment company. The last time I saw one of these roles come up was around 2 years ago, advertised for circa £20k. They're now offering just under £17k. Again, not the fault of migrants as such, but a symptom of a heavily saturated labour market.

This isn't the fault of migrants, but the sheer number of them is having a terrible effect on pay and conditions, and allowing employers to get away with murder.

allowing employers to get away with murder.

I advertised an admin role this month. I've had 360 applicants for one role. I was astounded.

Only 40 or so were worth seriously looking at as applicants and interviewed 9.

I should obviously start lowering the salaries and murdering the existing higher paid workers.

Greece has now stopped sending any more as processing them is taking too long to enable a continuing flow of even 200 a day

I imagine it was quite difficult fitting them in every morning from 08:00 to 11:00. They probably had to fell several acres of forestry just for the paperwork alone, never mind the amount of ink and rubber for the stamps.

One million eight hundred thousand two hundred *ILLEGAL* migrants are KNOWN to have entered Europe last year alone, state Frontex.

That's a lot of people. Are any of them web developers? I could use some cheap labour.

On the plus side there are 31,000 less West Africans than previous years.

http://frontex.europa.eu/trends-and-routes/western-african-route/

Central Med route was down 20,000

http://frontex.europa.eu/trends-and-routes/central-mediterranean-route/

Circular route from Albania to Greece is are down by 31,000 - so the Greeks don't have to put up with them so much. Most likely because there were no jobs for them (or the Greeks).

http://frontex.europa.eu/trends-and-routes/circular-route-from-albania-to-greece/

Swings and roundabouts.. a few million here, a few tens of thousands there...

I imagine it was quite difficult fitting them in every morning from 08:00 to 11:00. They probably had to fell several acres of forestry just for the paperwork alone, never mind the amount of ink and rubber for the stamps.

That's a lot of people. Are any of them web developers? I could use some cheap labour.

On the plus side there are 31,000 less West Africans than previous years.

http://frontex.europa.eu/trends-and-routes/western-african-route/

Central Med route was down 20,000

http://frontex.europa.eu/trends-and-routes/central-mediterranean-route/

Circular route from Albania to Greece is are down by 31,000 - so the Greeks don't have to put up with them so much. Most likely because there were no jobs for them (or the Greeks).

http://frontex.europa.eu/trends-and-routes/circular-route-from-albania-to-greece/

Swings and roundabouts.. a few million here, a few tens of thousands there...

That doesn't fit it with the rhetoric. Behave yourself man!

Many of us also want to KNOW where these migrants are from, why they want to come here, and be able to do background checks on them. Many of us expect them to do their best to integrate into a British way of life and ethos, not form densely packed communities with few speaking proper English and many happy to continue their own, often very different and backward way of life with no desire to change. Even worse is to be expected to accept those that are here as free loaders and who actively dislike us.

Labour certainly ignored ALL of your concerns during their term in Govt.

One example - The number of sham colleges that were setup to allow illegals to come in via student visas was shocking.

Does anyone know how much is spent on translation services within public services, such as the NHS, Border Control, Justice dept, etc?

I advertised an admin role this month. I've had 360 applicants for one role. I was astounded.

I should obviously start lowering the salaries and murdering the existing higher paid workers.

I'm sure you're well aware I didn't mean all employers :) most employers are decent, but obviously everyone is at the mercy of market forces, and a minority do seek to exploit people where possible. Look at Sports Direct for example.

Different places have different problems, my employer is advertising for the third time for clerical staff who will work a 35 hr week for £18,500!

£9m of our money spent on trying to get their own way (still without facts according to reports today) is to me incredible. Thank god we are in a "period of austerity" as who knows how much they would have spent otherwise..

Although it won't make a lot of difference, if enough sign then it might cause Cameron to squirm a little:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/116762