The "Market is up"

np89

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In any case his reason for sale is irrelevant so keep your concerns to yourself.

Was that really necessary? Dunk is right to highlight any inconsistencies, it's nothing personal against your mate. I would fully expect the same sort of critique if I put my car up for sale.

Was that really necessary? Dunk is right to highlight any inconsistencies, it's nothing personal against your mate. I would fully expect the same sort of critique if I put my car up for sale.

Perhaps a bit OTT but i wpuld hate to think someone was inferring something dodgy about Mark, hes one of the few people when selling a car is actually completely straight up and honest and if Dnk had indeed gone to meet him i would certainly think that would have come across.

I get the impression that Dunk knows the motor trade very well, that being the case he will be all too aware that often it is the seemingly nicest people who try and pull a fast one. He didn't say anything personally insulting, merely highlighted an inconsistency. If you were in his shoes, I'm sure you would do the same thing. :)

All facelift RZ Supras should have an active spoiler, larger brakes, as well as the recaro seats. In the same way that pre-facelift GZ supras all had the active spoiler. So I'd say in this case the active spoiler either been removed or the car is an RZ-S that has had a carbon wheel and recaros fitted.

I see a lot of vvti RZs in Japan that don't have the carbon wheel or the active spoiler. Though I suppose this could be down to people removing some choice parts before sale.

This is exactly what's worrying me.

I'd be absolutely gutted if I bought this as an RZ to find out it was RZ-S with some options.

I wonder what a plain Jane Rz auto with 100k miles costs to import, £6-7k?

And then some.

I reckon it would be cheaper to get one over here for that.

The main reason to get one from Japan (certainly for me) is that there is more choice of lower mileage cars. You pay a premium for these but then you simply can't get them over here. I wouldn't see the point in getting something imported (which obviously carries a cost) when you can find the same sorts of cars over here.

I would say the main reason for a fresh import is the rust issue. These things can and do rust, so one that has not seen salt would be attractive to me. Especially if, as many here seem to be mooting, it was a longer term investment in the hope prices rose substantially.

As for mileage, take it with a pinch of salt, the Japs are just as competent at clocking cars as anyone else with a laptop and cheap software, or even a signal generator and some electronics knowledge.

Glad i bought a new one in 1996 when everyone thought these cars were from "Mars", the headlights at night and the rear spoiler were mind blowing at the time, my brother bought a TT new at the same time as i bought my NA manual, both black, he had a house party just to show it off, people were in awe, he still has the car with 40K miles on it, and it was sorted 2 years back by Chris Wilson.

It's nice to know the breed are actually going up in value, that is academic to me as i just love the thing, especially now that it has a real power supply. herbie.