The "Market is up"

np89

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If people have a 2000+ car that's a TT6 and in white they're laughing IMO.

There was a stock white 2002 TT6 RZ for sale in japan last year with very low mileage for circa £35k (IIRC) before import charges etc. The problem is, although it is a drop dead gorgeous car, it would be criminal to start modifying such a rare car.

It was only for sale for about a week too :)

I cant find price for this beauty. How much is this?

And that red tt auto is a beauty too.

The car is in Japan - price on page is in Yen 2 390 000 as base price (~ 15k GBP).

May be a stupid question but does anyone know what that thing on the rear bumper in photo 9 is - looks like a big nasty spot :blink:

Thanks mate! So import cost is like 7 thousand pounds?

Sorry mate, I don't have clue about that but what they mention is that is the base price. Next to it is - final price but that is blank. I expect there might be some taxes or something on top.

Look up Jurgen (JMimports - I think) on here and see if he can help with importing it if you're interested.

I see you're in Finland but he might be able to at least give some advice if not more.

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice 2002 almost 100% stock example in Japan. 19,000 kms. Probably around £35kish OTR here.

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU4391556483/index.html?TRCD=200002

Not sure about the fake Recaro seats though :conf:

Been looking at this one... :)

Couple of things about it that worry me though are the seats, as you pointed out, and it doesn't have the active spoiler. I thought all rz facelift models had the front spoilers and why on earth would you replace the recaros for those (nice as they are)?

Guest knebworth01

Interesting thread this. People ought to check out howmanyleft.com. There are only about 350 (auto and manual combined) UK supras on the road in the UK, that makes them a bloody rare car. As people have already stated its all about supply and demand. The generation that grew up desiring these cars are now in the position that they can actually buy one. It is a repeat of what has been happening over the last 5 years with 80's motors.

Interesting thread this. People ought to check out howmanyleft.com. There are only about 350 (auto and manual combined) UK supras on the road in the UK, that makes them a bloody rare car. As people have already stated its all about supply and demand. The generation that grew up desiring these cars are now in the position that they can actually buy one. It is a repeat of what has been happening over the last 5 years with 80's motors.

That site is really interesting.

From what I can tell, in q3 2015 there were 1590 Supras registered for tax in the UK (excl. NI) and that includes imports. Of those, apparently, 182 are turbos. And 143 of those are automatic leaving 39 manual turbo Supras registered for road use in the uk!!! Seems a little low to me.

Also, in 2015, there were 42 cars imported (registered for the first time in UK). So there's certainly demand out there.

Edited by monkey3 (see edit history)

Well I know Mark personally and the first time he decided to sell he was extremely unwell. His circumstances have changed which includes a move to England. In any case his reason for sale is irrelevant so keep your concerns to yourself.

Why should I keep my concern to myself ? he told me he was selling because he was relocating to the

UK not because of ill health hence my comment after reading the advert.

If what you say was the case then I have no concern, I didn't know this till you just posted !!

No, the active spoiler was still optional :)

All facelift RZ Supras should have an active spoiler, larger brakes, as well as the recaro seats. In the same way that pre-facelift GZ supras all had the active spoiler. So I'd say in this case the active spoiler either been removed or the car is an RZ-S that has had a carbon wheel and recaros fitted.