The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed Jake! What gearbox mount did you go for? I bought a nice Vibra Technics one in readiness for my clutch change shortly. Quality is supposed to be amazing and also not as harsh as TRD ones as rubber mounts.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/vibra-technics-6-speed-gearbox-mount-3521.html

Car looks lovely as always :)

Thanks mate. I'm leaving that up to Lee but think oem will be the way forward for me. Want the car as smooth as oem as possible

Thanks mate. I'm leaving that up to Lee but think oem will be the way forward for me. Want the car as smooth as oem as possible

/QUOTE]

Good call. Only went for this as supposed to have similar damping effect to OEM but also eliminates gearbox movement. Price also comes in to it! Can't imagine stock mount is cheap :(

Good call. Only went for this as supposed to have similar damping effect to OEM but also eliminates gearbox movement. Price also comes in to it! Can't imagine stock mount is cheap :(

Fair enough mate. Not sure how much Lee sells them for but wifbitz oem is cheaper than the one you posted bud!

Coolio. Yeah got mine direct from VB 😀

/QUOTE]

Ah OK. Well I will report back on prices 😂. I do love oem parts though unless there is a genuine reason to deviate from Toyota I will always stick with genuine. Just like the fact they are tried and tested for 20+ years.

Good luck with your car mate, It's in good hands. I agree on the OEM front, unless it's something thats an obvious upgrade then OEM is great. I went with Chris Wilson calipers pistons on my brake rebuild for example which I'd recommend.

Thanks mate, indeed its nice having it somewhere where i can genuinely relax about it being there. Know it will be looked after properly, and with everything going on at home atm that car not being here is ideal as i have the garage free :)

If it come to refurbishing the calipers themselves I may go CW, already have his pins on the fronts.

You coming to wroxall be good to catch up again?

Thanks mate, indeed its nice having it somewhere where i can genuinely relax about it being there. Know it will be looked after properly, and with everything going on at home atm that car not being here is ideal as i have the garage free :)

If it come to refurbishing the calipers themselves I may go CW, already have his pins on the fronts.

You coming to wroxall be good to catch up again?

Definitely, I felt exactly the same. Happy it went to the right garage in the end.

I will indeed be heading to wroxhall. I can't believe it's nearly been a year already!

Yeah fire me over a message on what Lee found when you have a minute please mate. Haven't messed with mine yet to be honest, been fine sometimes again, other times not, probably wont get time before Wroxall. Bear has kindly offered to give me bits to swap over and try, so I'll wait for your message and then ask him to bring some parts to Wroxall so I can try and swap things over and narrow it down :).

Little update apparently the cars alignment wasn't in a great way probably from our appalling roads, so shes having a full geo to set that straight. The guys are having issues with the abs/trac warning lights and trying to track down the issue, hoping i will have a good update today as it was a little concerning yesterday

Yeah fire me over a message on what Lee found when you have a minute please mate. Haven't messed with mine yet to be honest, been fine sometimes again, other times not, probably wont get time before Wroxall. Bear has kindly offered to give me bits to swap over and try, so I'll wait for your message and then ask him to bring some parts to Wroxall so I can try and swap things over and narrow it down :).

All i currently know mate was it was the top vsv, when i have the car back and a propper chat to the guys I will find out more.

So i pulled the trigger on having two new speed sensors on the front incase it was them causing the issue..... it wasnt :(. looking at new cables now. Hard one this as apparently everything is checking out ok, but the car obviously think other wise with the warning lights! :(

So shes home!

Engine Oil

Oil filter,

gearbox oil,

gear box mount,

new vsv,

boost controller re set up,

crank pulley,

crank pulley bolt,

front crank seal

2x front new speed sensors,

new wiring for speed sensors,

full geo,

underside bolts re done

Shes back and running in sequential at 1.2 bar as she should. took her to our new house to test fit it in the garage and she fits. Just need to sort a misting in the headlight andd give it a clean and she is wroxall abbey ready

attachment.php?attachmentid=219944&stc=1&d=1499202370

19642699_1431347570259681_45779535191691407_n.jpg

Glad it's all sorted mate :)

Was it down to the wiring for the speed sensor in the end then?

Yeah mate turned out to be a section of the loom hitting its own shielding or somthing, so had that part replaced and all good now.

Looking good mate, nice size garage !

Cheers mate, cant wait to revamp the new garage!

• 2 weeks later...