The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DAW build - Dressed to kill- full carbon wide body

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently took him 5 days which is why it cost the most but i appreciate the work involved... He is in his 80's and uses a hammer and chisel I'm very lucky to have his work.

Thats all done by hand? thats awesome i assumed it was machined

This is going to look nuts when its done, so interested to see the finished engine bay

Thats all done by hand? thats awesome i assumed it was machined

This is going to look nuts when its done, so interested to see the finished engine bay

Yeah all done by hand the old skool way. It's truly amazing the skill of some of the cuts and techniques used. I'm very lucky to showcase some amazing work from a legendary engraver.

freaking awesome, I never got to see the gold rush in person, I was a new member around that time but this will defo be worth a special trip from up north :)

Yeah I miss that car. Onwards and upwards though and this already is smashing it

Started to gold plate a few bits today. I opted against the rose gold for the pulleys as i wanted a richer look. I think with the 2 types of gold being used ( 18ct rose gold & 24ct gold) it will be nice touch. Anyway i got my Power house racing pulley set gold plated and i managed to gold plate the custom top suspension rings. Thanks for the comments.

oh i re-done the cam pulleys!! i went off the chrome and gold mix so just went all gold to match other pulleys

Well Lee is getting used to my wacky ideas and i think he just goes with the flow now haha, so when i said i wanted a gloss Black on black engine i never failed to raise cuckoo alarms. Not seen this on many engines so its another reason i wanted it done and this combo will really pop the gold and chrome out. few pics sent of the built head

Cheers Simon. The spec is.... Which Mr. Parry has now gone with too as we are supra friends lol

Engine

Built cylinder head

Ported and polished gas flowed head

Ferrea stem seals

ferrea dual springs

titanium retainers

BC 264 cams

built and balanced engine

Stock crank

86.5mm Mahle pistons

BC pro series rods

ARP main studs