The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance prices

supra_jms

Hi all!

Just thought it would be interesting to see the spec of your car, your age and how much you pay!

I have Jurgen from JM Imports looking for a stock TT manual for me at the moment and so i decided to see what insurance would be.

Im 22 and have 5years no claims, told them the car and that it would be an import and the best quote i have recieved is £660! I am completely over the moon with that price! Be interesting to see what other people around me age pay.

Cheers

James

Guest iammonkeyboy

Can you post other details for people so they can compare like for like? Car insurance is a very tailored item these days with so many factors.

- Is that full comp or 3rd Party?

- Standard or Classic Car insurance

- Are you the only driver on the policy? etc etc

sounds though that you've been quoted a decent price though!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest a7yyc

Hope this post isn't too old to 'bump' - haven't done forums in a while!

I got quoted on a TT 6 speed manual Supra, 1300 from Elephant.

22 years old

4 years NCB

*6 points (2xSP30)

Main driver with 2 females named (mum and cousin)

PA14 post code.

I would highly suggest checking with Sky Insurance though, as they have insured my Fiesta ST180 for a good 300 quid less than Elephant. I will be checking with Sky how much the insurance would be on an imported 6speed TT and may soon speak to Jurgen about sourcing one for me. Just need to find a way to get rid of the Fiesta!

Does anyone know if there is a thread regarding road tax on recent imports?

Edited by a7yyc (see edit history)

Hope this post isn't too old to 'bump' - haven't done forums in a while!

I got quoted on a TT 6 speed manual Supra, 1300 from Elephant.

22 years old

4 years NCB

*6 points (2xSP30)

Main driver with 2 females named (mum and cousin)

PA14 post code.

I would highly suggest checking with Sky Insurance though, as they have insured my Fiesta ST180 for a good 300 quid less than Elephant. I will be checking with Sky how much the insurance would be on an imported 6speed TT and may soon speak to Jurgen about sourcing one for me. Just need to find a way to get rid of the Fiesta!

Does anyone know if there is a thread regarding road tax on recent imports?

Every time I called Sky they told me I was too young to insure! I'm about to turn 25 and I've been trying since I was 21 and got my first 'proper' car!!

I haven't bothered with them since and I stick with Admiral now, they seem to be ridiculously cheap. £900 for a Merc & Supra on a multi-car policy. :D

Road tax is a set fee for all vehicles now, the supra is £100 for 6months £185 for 12months

Wish mine was this much! Sure that's right!!

mines 230 for 12 months :/

That's what I've just paid £230 for 12 months, was the same last year!

My insurance isn't too bad at the moment. 27 years old, 6 years NCB, previous CD30 still on there (though points expired), 1997 RZ single turbo (all declared of course). £650ish fully comp.

I'll be looking into an agreed value on renewal though.

Seems to vary alot for insurance, I'm 22, clean license, none fault claim last year so still have my 4 years ncb, the cars a 98' RZ with minimal mods that are declared and I'm £998 through Graham Sykes.

Adrian flux wanted near £1400 for the year and Sky insurance wouldn't insure me at all. Was asked by the guy if I'd had a rwd car before which I hadn't and then came back and said they weren't able to insure me?