The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance prices

supra_jms

Guest a7yyc
Every time I called Sky they told me I was too young to insure! I'm about to turn 25 and I've been trying since I was 21 and got my first 'proper' car!!

I haven't bothered with them since and I stick with Admiral now, they seem to be ridiculously cheap. £900 for a Merc & Supra on a multi-car policy. :D

Hmm strange! Maybe to do with the car and your age, haven't spoken to them yet so I've still to find out,

Nice one, thanks. What does this mean for fresh imports though? If say its a pre 2001 Supra, imported in 2015, it will be 230, however if it was a 2002 Supra, it would fall under the higher tax bracket then?

21 1 year NCB , Because a garbage truck crashed into me and wrote of my civic , Took liability but lost my NCB and I'm with elephant for 1200 fully comp. Which isn't to bad for my age on the NA import.

Ah nightmare, still an OK quote though for your age, NCB etc

My insurance isn't too bad at the moment. 27 years old, 6 years NCB, previous CD30 still on there (though points expired), 1997 RZ single turbo (all declared of course). £650ish fully comp.

I'll be looking into an agreed value on renewal though.

Lot's of good low insurance prices here guys, makes my want for a TT6 speed manual even stronger!