The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra crash at Vmax?

gordy.r

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nicholas
Nothing on the Vmax200 Facebook page about it.

there's a post on how quickly the safety team responded, I doubt there will be any pics etc.

Glad the cage did it's job and he's ok.

That's one hell of a speed for something to go wrong!!

Yes just think how much ground your covering at them speeds will be at the top of the runway before you no it and there is no real run off once you get there, very lucky and lucky no one else was in the area as something coming at you that fast don't think you could reacted quick enough to move out the way,

Edited by supra matt (see edit history)

Guest gerryh09

It's one thing been in the 200 mph club but to crash at that speed that's testament to how good the car was built

Glad to hear everyone was ok hope he gets well soon

I was one of the first few there. They were attempting to stop us getting close. Infact they were trying to push me back but a fecking steam train could have tried I was going to get there to make sure he was ok.

Vijay is a very srtong willed man.

Was a scene from hell seeing the wreck. In truth I feared the absolute worse. Infact mostly everyone did at the scene. But his safe and sound and thats all that mattered.

I find it somewhat poetic that in the end HIS Supra saved him. The organisers confessed, that had it been any of those other Super cars at that speed without a cage it would be game over.

The best Supra around, has now joined those in the legendary walls of heavens motors.

A mate of mine has posted a few vids up on his FB, but he wasn't at the runway when the Supra went off.

It's a horrible scary scenario, but I know after I'd recovered, I'd want to watch the vid and see how epic it was and how close I came.

Guest Budz86

Glad to see Vjays ok. As people have said, 215 is a hell of a speed to be going, very lucky to survive that let alone walk away with cuts and bruises! Cages ftw....

So happy to read that he is OK, he must have got the fright of his life. I hope anyone considering this sort of motorsport realises the significance of a cage at this level. True testament to the importance of one. The tyres are possibly a mistake that won't be made again, this accident could actually save lives.

Hope there aren't too many aches or too much recovery required going forward.

Real shame about the car as it was absolutely stunning, metal can always be replaced though.

People blaming the r888's a stock lambo Aventador a 200mph+car the stock tyres are Y rated, it depends what caused the tyre to go it could of been a puncture or many wrongly inflate the r888 as well, the length of time above the tyre speed rating of 186 would of been very little factor in it's in a straight line not the banked vmax circuit like the japs use I doubt this caused the tyre to let go if it was being held at 200+ for a period of time then yea.

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)