VVTI Tiptronic Gearbox Info

MattP

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bet those pin holes don't seem so bad now :( You have done "something".

Jurgen must know some Jap who can tell him what a Code 76 is on a VVTi TipTronic, surely?

If only it was that simple Chris...

I wish I got a pre facelift manual now :( at least they are a known quantity

Right then after much searching I have come up with this...

A fault 76 refers to a different code according to Toyota which actually reads...

fault P0763

1. The ECM (main engine computer)

2. The wiring harness from the ECM to the solenoid

3. The No 3 solenoid (the P0763 states that the solenoid is either electrically "closed" or "open", that is, it's either shorted (stays on when it shouldn't) or has an open loop (i.e. it won't turn on when it's supposed due to a break in the circuit).

Its the same Symptyms as mine the M light flashs... but this is on a GS300

I know that my Solenoid 3 wire is cut at the ECU and the wire is all but removed im not sure why... I assumed Jurgens boys did it when installing the Speedm8 and HKS FCD

That does NOT sound right. Solenoids are not really part of top speed delimiter stuff..... I can't believe proper operation does not need all the shift solenoids to be functional!

Right then Boys I have took a look and 100% my shift solenoid 3 wire has been cut and is joined to nothing both ends are just hanging in limbo...

I have checked the Wiring for the Speedm8 JM just sent and it confirms this wire should not have been touched.

Shall I reconnect ?

Is anything else cut or modded at the ECU? I would put it all back to stock for now, then add stuff one by one if you really need it.

I never saw the ECU when it came in Chris the car was Stock and I thought it better to have JM put the Speedm8 and HKS FCD on it before I took delivery.

But the Speedm8 and CW FCD are the only mods to the stock ECU I have no fancy Gauges or bits I am confident these are wired correctly just this solenoid 3 is the only wire not connected.

I was told that it was cut for the TIPtronic Derestriction but looking at this diagram it does not look like it should have been cut.

Seems strange to cut a solenoid wire I am amazed the car has drove fine through all the gears..

So how do you think it broke? Age or Def a cut

At some point it has 100% had a 5cm length of wire cut out of it.. I think when we fitted the CW FCD one of us has caused it to pull apart.

The question as to who thought it was a good idea to cut 5cm worth of wire out of the harness will most likely remain unanswered.

Would you mind pointing out which wire was cut on this diagram, just for future reference? :)

[ATTACH]201015[/ATTACH]

The wire was (pin 3 in block 76) which is solenoid 3 in the autobox..

If you have a fault 76 code on a vvti tiptronic this is what it relates to.