The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mid life crisis car

Paul

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the supra. It will go in in value as more end up with Keron. Invest the money in setting up a Slovenian whore house within walking distance. You should make loads of money. Be able to buy any of the above and sort out your mid life crisis. Win win win. :D

I think people are missing the point a true 'mid life crisis', it isn't supposed to be thought about with logic. Its something you do to fulfill a dream or urge... to compensate for age ;)

Personally it would be a Ferrari every day, but if you have always wanted the Aston, it doesn't really matter about anything else. There are going to be better, cheaper, more practical cars but it isn't what you really want. Just go get a good example of the make and model you have always wanted and I'm sure you wont regret it.

Happy Shopping

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/aston-martin/db9-coupe/aston-martin-db9-sport-pack/3825509

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/aston-martin/db9-coupe/aston-martin-db9-v12-2007-for-sale/3622681

I think people are missing the point a true 'mid life crisis', it isn't supposed to be thought about with logic. Its something you do to fulfill a dream or urge... to compensate for age ;)

Personally it would be a Ferrari every day, but if you have always wanted the Aston, it doesn't really matter about anything else. There are going to be better, cheaper, more practical cars but it isn't what you really want. Just go get a good example of the make and model you have always wanted and I'm sure you wont regret it.

Good point.

If it's a true mid life crisis then buy a Viper, drive it off a bridge, jump out and parachute into Lisa Ann.

That's a mid life crisis.

Good point.

If it's a true mid life crisis then buy a Viper, drive it off a bridge, jump out and parachute into Lisa Ann.

That's a mid life crisis.

If the new Dodge is anything like the 90s Dodge then that should pretty much happen automatically. I remember them being compared to the Delorean, only when you hit over 100mph you snaked into a wall or off a bridge rather than going back in time :D

It is. I escaped with minor burns when I drove one.

As Clarkson once said, it's an insane axe murderer of a car.

That was my point originally. You're really confusing me now, I said that it tends to spin out for no reason once at speed and you said this wasn't the case and it was a fantastic car. You have then quoted Clarkson who said it was an axe murderer.

You must be a nightmare to stand behind in a Greggs queue :D

Edit:

Additionally, here is a link from an owner....

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/what-is-it-like-to-daily-drive-a-dodge-viper-1468362841

And a small quote:

Given the cost of these parts and the Viper's propensity to spin out for like, no reason, it is no surprise that there are so many with salvage titles. Minor front end damage = total loss.

That was my point originally. You're really confusing me now, I said that it tends to spin out for no reason once at speed and you said this wasn't the case and it was a fantastic car. You have then quoted Clarkson who said it was an axe murderer.

You must be a nightmare to stand behind in a Greggs queue :D

That's exactly WHY it's a fantastic car for a mid life crisis lol.

I don't disagree with that. You started your retort with "No way" which would suggest disagreement to what I was saying. Make your mind up [emoji14]

Ah yes, I mean no way as in the comparison with the DeLorean.

That will also destroy itself, but you won't be grinning from ear to ear as it does so.

Some great replies, thanks, loads of cars to consider and some I never even thought of.

I'm gonna take my time and get in some test drives, also need to do a load of reading up, as we all know forums are a great place to get decent info and to find out all the good and bad bits on certain cars.

Test drive them all ( if it is possible and see what one you would like ) maybe even buy wise and they shouldn't depreciate and you could own all in a life time at some point.

If I had 50K for a car id buy my dream cars (already got one of my top ones a supra aero 6speed) too one being a dodge charger 1969, a Ford mustang 1969 fastback ( like Eleanor ), and a 1967-1969 Chevrolet impala 4 door.

But like everyone else has said before, go with what you want your gut feeling only on planet earth once so may as well live it.

If you want to spend £50k on something that'd be worth £60k in 5 years rather than £30k then it'd be a e-type roadster V12 for me.

Have you got something against this guy or what? ;) Who the hell could live with a V12 E Type for ***5*** years??? he'd be fed up with it in 5 minutes, even though between the rust and various rebuilds it may hold value :) And as for performance per pint of fuel, it must be on a par with a railway locomotive.