The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ash's R154 BPU Supra

ashloys

• 2 weeks later...

Also my alternator has just shit itself so I've got a brand new/reconditioned OEM Denso one to replace it along with a new battery.

The car is getting a pair of low mileage UK twin turbos fitted at the end of the month as well with new gaskets and a service. Will be good to finally use full boost again!!

Looks great, what did you do about the speedo? the R154 isn't electronic is it?

The more modern JZX100 Chaser R154's and the more modern Soarer ones are electronic, but you're right that my MK3 Supra one isn't!

I bought a Marlin Crawler vehicle speed sensor adapter from Driftmotion in America which just plugs in to the OEM wiring and works electronically as normal.

• 4 weeks later...

So the car is away to get a pair of low 60k mile UK turbos fitted.

Richard Bradley is fitting them, he does work and maps a lot of the top cars in the Irish Drift Championship. Since he's got a dyno at his place I think I'll get it thrown on there after to check the AFR etc and see what boost I'm able to safely run on the turbos with my jspec injectors etc.

Brand new OEM manifold gasket

UK Spec 1st decat

UK turbos in my boot ready for the drive to Richard Bradley to fit them :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so after I was mis sold a Jspec decat as a UK Spec I decided to get one off Tim at TB Developments. It's on its way now, so the car should be back on the road next week!

Looks extremely well made!

Also I've got 2 Jspec decats for sale if anyone needs one now lol

Also, a nice little package arrived yesterday from JapWest Mods.

I've wanted a set of these for as long as I can remember and they're the exact sizes I wanted too!

Enkei RPF1

18X10 ET38

18X9 ET35

They weigh about 7-8KG each too, extremely light!!

I can't wait to get them fitted!

Just got the car back from Richard Bradley's, 10x better than it was before. Car pulls much harder and for longer and just generally drives much better.

Whoever owned the car before me had set the FPR up badly and was running too rich and there were a few boost leaks in vacuum pipes etc so that's probably why it feels so much better!

Glad to have it back with the new turbos and I can now just drive it and enjoy it!

Just need to get tyres sorted, if anyone has any Pilot Sports part worn they wish to donate, feel free :D

hi mate i just see you have done an r154 swap

basically mine is finished apart from my prop i dont know what i need etc could you let me know what prop you used or what pieces for front and rear and how you got round the carrier bearing issue please

its driving me mad just want to drive it home now haha

hi mate i just see you have done an r154 swap

basically mine is finished apart from my prop i dont know what i need etc could you let me know what prop you used or what pieces for front and rear and how you got round the carrier bearing issue please

its driving me mad just want to drive it home now haha

Tbh I can't answer you 100% as I used an R154 from a MK3 Supra, not a JZX90!

Personally, I used the rear half of an NA 5 speed Supra, mated to the front half of an R154 MK3 Supra propshaft (but I had to use the NA5 carrier bearing, it just bolted off and swapped over).

In your particular case I'm not of any help. The only other person I know that's done an R154 swap used a JZX100 R154 which again may be slightly different?

TBH what you're best doing is just measuring the length the front half of it needs to be and take it to an engineering shop. It'll be cut/welded/balanced and that'll be your best bet. It'll probably end up cheaper than buying several different props from used cars and find out that they don't work!