The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ash's R154 BPU Supra

ashloys

Nice car mate :) were you the guy selling guise black wheels on dw? Look like a set that were sale on there

Yeh I was dude :) no one seems to want them.. just really need them gone to afford afford a bellhousing!

I also lowered it quite a bit the other day. It's as low as the teins can go down at the front and only a wee bit left to go at the back.

Now all I need is spacers and a front lip and the exterior will be done for now 👍

Looks spot on I'm really starting to like the oem wheels so much so I'm debating getting rid of my rotas and putting my oem ones back on

I love them! Just need 20/25mm spacers and I'll be happy. I was going to get Work D9R wheels but decided to get OEM ones and an r154.. I definitely made the right decision!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've got the final big parts for the conversion.

I went to collect a brand new genuine R154 -> JZ bellhousing earlier after work from a nice old man who had just bought a brand new R154 with the bellhousing that he didn't need. Ive been after one for ages and ended up finding one locally about 40 miles away. I believe the car/engine it was going into was a 380 big block v8 Ford engine dropped into a Cobra hill climb car running r154 transmission!!

uploadfromtaptalk1445292606411.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445292621022.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445292668476.jpg

Also whilst I was in work my MK4 supra clutch pedal and manual gear stick surround were delivered :)

Manual surround:

Clutch pedal:

All 3:

All in all its been a pretty good day!

Edited by ashloys (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be getting the rear arches rolled in the next week or 2 all being well before I fit 25mm spacers on the rear and lower it a bit more to match the front.

The only things I need for my manual conversion need ordered from the states, so I'll probs buy them around Christmas time and get the conversion started ASAP!

So my friend came over to roll my rear arches on Sunday. Also fitted 25mm spacers on the back, although it was dark before I got any decent pictures of them fitted!

EDIT - I didn't realise how bad quality these pictures were until I uploaded them there.. oops!

It's a lovely shade.

Cheers dude :) It's lovely in the light. My pictures are crap and don't do it justice!! Might tactically get my girlfriends DSLR and keep it at mine for whenever I need to get pics.. lol the lens on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) has dust on the inside from when it was replaced and has been crap ever since.

I've got a lip on the way from ellis and I'm modifying my driveway next Tuesday whenever I'm off work, if weather permits. That will enable me to lower the car more at the back and get it sitting nice. Then I'll get some pictures up with the fitment all round, which for standard wheels should be pretty nice :)

Looking good, Have you already fitted the front spacers in the pics? If so any rubbing issues?

Yeh they're already fitted. Tbh I may go and get 30mm spacers and roll the arches but that's just me being fussy with flush fitment.

No rubbing at all with 235/45 tyres.

How'd the arch rolling go Ash, did you manage to keep the paint intact? Looks great btw, kinda kicking myself for not buying your car when it was up for sale... :D

Absolutely great Jim, only one tiny wee bit of paint starting to come off at the very top of the lip on the inside. So I've just went and bought some of this to make sure there's no issues..

But I mean it is only one tiny wee bit and it's on the very inside so in no way would it ever be visable.

It was only undersealed about a year ago but I'm not happy with some bits, so in a month or so I'm going to re-do it with some stonechip and also clear waxoyl. Having your car well undersealed is more important than anything else tbh, there's no point throwing money at a rotting car lol.

You should be dude, it was a BARGAIN. Flip, the forged engine is worth more than what he sold it for! Only issue was the traction control didn't work, which I replaced the ECU to fix.