The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ash's R154 BPU Supra

ashloys

So that was all the coats of colour done. Then I went on to make my own stickers for them as I'm lucky enough to have a vinyl plotter and some spare vinyl.

Then applying them..

Then I finished them off with some satin lacquer as I didn't want them glossy :)

The finished product..

Then we ran into a problem with my propshaft.

My prop is splined in the middle and couldnt connect to the front half of the r154. So I had to go out and find another prop shaft with a 4 bolt pattern in the middle so that they would be interchangeable.

Now I have 3 props and hopefully one of the combinations work without having to get the prop modified!!

And my nice shiny new bellhousing on a not so shiny R154

Nice work on the calipers, the difference is night and day!

What about the shifter position on that box do you have to extend it?

Cheers dude. Was a lot of work tbh lol

Yep by 6" :) I'll update this with much more detail when it's done.

UPDATE!

I've ran into 2 massive problems.

1. The carrier bearing on the R154 front prop is far too big and won't fit. Can the carrier bearing be swapped over from the W58 prop I have??

2. The clutch pedal I bought months ago is WRONG, 100% not from a Supra. So I need one asap. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Good news is the new propshaft fits, bad news is that the clutch pedal I had previously bought doesn't fit and I've to wait a month for another coming from Japan.

BOOOOOOOOOO!

At least if the prop fits you can do 99% of the conversion and the pedal is a 20 min job to fit at the very end if the bulkhead and all is prepped!

Progress is progress! 👍

At least if the prop fits you can do 99% of the conversion and the pedal is a 20 min job to fit at the very end if the bulkhead and all is prepped!

Progress is progress!

/QUOTE]

Yep, the shifter is being extended today, the propshaft fits and the gearbox mount just needs a tiny bit welded onto it so it lines up with all 4 holes and that's pretty much everything except for the pedal.

• 4 months later...

Well, I ran into a load of problems with various things. But now, the car is finished and driving and I couldn't be happier lol.

Just getting the underside of the car cleaned up and undersealed and the car fully MOT prepped. Will upload some pics this evening whenever I'm sent them :)

Can't get an MOT for another couple of weeks so won't get the chance to drive it before then really.

Glad it was finished for Summer, eh.......

That’s all the pictures I really have at the minute, the car is currently being undersealed and prepped for MOT next weekend. It should fly through as it did last year and has barely moved an inch since then! Lol.

I’ll get more pictures and maybe a video whenever I finally get it back. I just can’t wait to drive the thing as a manual! Apparently the redline oil and new Marlin Crawler bushes etc have given the gearbox a good solid feel/smooth shifts. If it feels anything like my old JZX100 Chaser, I’ll be happy.

I’ve also refurbed all of my dash panels myself and coated them with frost wrap which gives them as close to OEM finish as possible. I’ve also got a single DIN head unit to install whenever I’ve the car back which will replace the ugly ass double DIN that came in the car.

The carpet will probably come out shortly after to dye and my front splitter needs repainted, just because I’m a dingus and didn’t use plastic primer whenever I painted it black a while back.

Did your box shift gears while no oil was in it? I seemed to have this issue when I put my extended shifter back on.. Also had taken a ridiculous amount of tries to get the tail housing and shifter to line up. :rolleyes:

Yeh it did :) the whole box was taken apart and all gears cleaned etc, input/output shaft seals replaced, shifter bushings replaced etc. So that may have helped!