The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The time has come to buy me a Supra.

RyanGodley

That's a shame but well done on not getting carried away and going for it anyway. It can take a lot to walk away from a car but if you do it's nearly always the right decision. One step closer to a good one.

It took a hell of a lot, especially as the car was supposed to be my ride home! However what you just said actually made me feel quite a bit better ha :thumbs: I think rather than getting stung by the rust again, I will go the import route with Jurgen at JM imports. The way he runs his company is spot on. I stopped off at his garage on route back to Newcastle airport, after meeting him in person I'm 100% sold on this route. I saw the underside of a couple of non prepped customer cars he had there and they were freakin mint, I swear to god near enough brand new. Damn our weather.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without re-reading the thread whats your budget? If I was in the market for a TT and had the budget, I'd be having a look at Abz's car..... more local too.

I was only going to spend around £13,500, however I can stretch to £15,500 if the perfect car comes along.

Without re-reading the thread whats your budget? If I was in the market for a TT and had the budget, I'd be having a look at Abz's car..... more local too.

I was only going to spend around £13,500, however I can stretch to £15,500 if the perfect car comes along.

Was hoping to pick up a 'lovely' tt6 today, travelled half way round England to get there and the car was, to put it nicely, not as described. The rust was intense, such a let down.

Can you give some more detail? Was it just rust and do you have a link to the car to maybe save any other members looking for one?

Can you give some more detail? Was it just rust and do you have a link to the car to maybe save any other members looking for one?

I'll see how getting my money back from the guy goes before I reveal his identity. (Paid to have a new clutch installed as the old one was slipping, had it fitted ready for the drive home) yes stupid move I know, putting money into something I've not even seen. However I trusted the bloke and took his word for it that the car was sound (Big mistake)

The rust is 'not bad' there's just some minor surface rust on the rear bumper, the underside is a bit rusty but is generally okay he said..

He under sealed the car with that horrible sticky black under seal in a can stuff and I thought great that'll protect it for another year, little did I know that was more than likely done to cover up how bad the underside actually is. Put it this way, the tow in tow out rods (for lack of the official term) looked like sticks of bird feed.

Not only is there rust on the underside but on the bodywork too, bubbles appearing all round the car, chips in the paint, the gearstick gator looked like a lumberjacks jacket, bits hanging out the dash, pretty much every wheel is scuffed and in need of re-furbishing, missing paint on the spoiler where it meets the boot lid, rust seeping up through where the side skirts meet the body, loose panels where the screws can longer screw into the bodywork, because there's no bodywork to screw too, gaping holes in the petrol tank surround, and that's honestly just the start of my issues guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all....

So I've just spent the weekend wondering if life could actually get any better... And I've come to the conclusion no, no it cant.

You know these people who say, don't meet your hero and don't drive your dream car.. Well, what a whole load of testicles that is when your dream car is a supra. I've had one of the most exciting, exhilarating times of my life the past couple days!

I finally managed to buy myself a 1993 White TT6 from Torque GT :ok: Paid a good wodge of cash for it, but for a car with 34,000 certified miles on the clock I thought it was more than worth it.

Not only is the car mint for 23 years old, it has the FULL original spares kit + wheel, leather inner boot lining/cover, all original Japanese stickers and best of all a UK spec front bumper with functioning up and down splitter button!

This weekend is the first time I've actually ever driven a supra and instantly it surpassed my expectations 100 fold.

On a separate note... How the hell do you upload pictures from a laptop onto this site? I've uploaded from my iphone to the laptop (JPEG) and tried a few times, however computer says no :sos:

Darren did mention you guys were interested in it too. What ever happened to that gunmetal sup you emailed me about, I never heard back from you.

And nope not that I'm aware of, went down there on Saturday to collect.

Safcdixon - cheers mush I'll try give that a go!

Abz;

just giving my personal opinion on the feel of an auto.

You can't give your opinion on the feel of the Supra auto until you've driven one.

I've driven lots of autos that are truly crap but all 3 of my Supras have been autos with good reason. The auto box is a gem.

Totally fair comment Ellis. As I said in the quote there, its my personal opinion (on all autos) after having been in and driven a few 'non supra' autos.

I fully agree I cant give my opinion on what a supra auto is like to drive, however I can most certainly give my general opinion on all autos.

When it comes down to it they are all the same, 4 gears or 7. Your still sat in there with less to do. I'm sure someone will have something to say to this, however I'm not looking to argue. Just being honest as to how I feel towards the auto box.

This one then :-)

[ATTACH]204104[/ATTACH][ATTACH]204105[/ATTACH][ATTACH]204106[/ATTACH][ATTACH]204107[/ATTACH][ATTACH]204108[/ATTACH][ATTACH]204109[/ATTACH][ATTACH]204110[/ATTACH]

Looks great, I was looking at that the other month when it popped up on Facebook.

Good buy.

That's the baby, your doing better than me with uploading those pics

??

Well, there are far more than two numbers of gears available in current automatic gearboxes for a start. In the past week I've driven five, six, seven, eight and nine-speeds.

These days autos are quicker, more efficient, easier to drive and cheaper to tax than manuals.

Well, there are far more than two numbers of gears available in current automatic gearboxes for a start. In the past week I've driven five, six, seven, eight and nine-speeds.

These days autos are quicker, more efficient, easier to drive and cheaper to tax than manuals.

I'm fully aware that there are many more gear options than what I stated above, however I'm not going to list them all mate ha.

That's all fair enough, however you totally missed the point I'm trying to make.

First of all I wouldn't go out and buy a car just because its cheaper to tax (its a car I've wanted since god knows) Secondly, the fact its easier to drive makes it less exciting for me (the point I'm trying to make here) I like the challenge of a manual. Third and finally, I agree the new boxes are probably quicker (eg. GTR) but that means nothing to me if I'm not having fun.