The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD to the rescue...!

Brazil

Yes was my mistake as John Fisher told me the price he paid for his to be done which was £2500 plus vat

I then assumed this was the price and quoted a few people when they saw John's car and wanted the same work.

I had no idea Simon had decided that it wasn't enough money and wanted to charge a lot more for doing it.

So my mistake

all i will say is I NEVER GAVE THESE PEOPLE " THE 1ST PRICE"

this so called 1st price was an assumed price by another trader!

smoothing a bay is massive labour intensive work.I'm not interested in do them at a loss.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Lee I have the natural ability to put my foot in it - but I will say I was happy to pay what I did for my smooth bay and could not fault Simons work in any way. Nor would I have probably complained if I had been asked to pay more as there is a lot of work that goes into doing the job from start to finish - I would agree with some comments that if you are ever considering selling it may be to your disadvantage but I will keep mine and then it is a matter of personal preference - suppose I better find out where my fuses are hidden now ? !!!

suppose I better find out where my fuses are hidden now ? !!!

Good point, you don't want to have to be finding out when your stuck on the side of the road coz your windscreen wipers don't work :(

It is a right royal pain in the arse TBH - on mine if you want to check a fuse you have to pull the whole headlight out.

Don't worry Lee I have the natural ability to put my foot in it - but I will say I was happy to pay what I did for my smooth bay and could not fault Simons work in any way. Nor would I have probably complained if I had been asked to pay more as there is a lot of work that goes into doing the job from start to finish - I would agree with some comments that if you are ever considering selling it may be to your disadvantage but I will keep mine and then it is a matter of personal preference - suppose I better find out where my fuses are hidden now ? !!!

It's ok John, from memory I actually got the price from Simon and quoted you before the work was done

Guest Nicholas
2 solid weeks @ 40 hour week + materials

Holy cow, so I assume a 5 day working week, 40 hours a week, 80 hours to do one of those bays..... I'd sack the welder and get a new fab man mate! :D