*Shane* thief ? Liar ? Prove us wrong

JTJUDGE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to make it clear, that's *Shane* from Ireland and not me!

I have had a pm or two over the years chasing for bits from him where people have got me confused with him.

Correct, it's user name *Shane* not the Shane I'm quoting here. Apologies for the confusion

I've had a bad run in with him before. Did a swap with clutch parts and cash my way. My stuff arrived at his 3 days later. His stuff took weeks to arrive. The cash part of the deal was that he would send it as soon as his garage fitted it. Every week there was a new delay. Eventually got it out of him 4 months and 1 dispute later.

I've seen him on the facebook selling page and his stuff never seems to arrive.....

I got an exhaust off him some time ago , and he goes take an age to get it posted i think it was 3-4 weeks for my exhaust but did send it , some peoples jobs do make it hard to get to the post office you know , if i had to send something i would get the wife to do it but if your a single guy working a normal 9-5 by the time your home the post office is closed . i know you have saturday but alot of people have to work that too.

just saying my side of the story[/quote

If you dont have time to post the item as soon as you recieve the money i dont think you should be selling it by post.

No excuses in my book, i've had this a few times on here and seen the same members do the same

too others, should be booted off in my book as they are just taking the piss.

I was in hospital with pneumonia a few years ago but still organised things to be packaged

and delivered etc

If your that busy then make this clear in your advert that the buyer will have to wait

till god knows when to get the parts

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I have only dealt with him on a few occasions. never had a problem. I hope it turns out ok for all of you members missing parts that are paid but not recieved.

With regards to posting or even doing a forsale thread then i agree with Dunk. I have been hit hard these last 3 weeks with family loses and the death of a very close friend but i still made a apointment to come to work and wrap and post some items! ok i was a little late but nothing a explanation and a apology didnt fix....

Best of luck guys

It's a shame things like this happen. I think it's more common than it use to be, or maybe people are just a little more outspoken these days.

I recently had quite a poor experience with a trader on here. I've not posted negative feedback as after 3 months it was resolved, but maybe I should to warn others.

I wonder if we are all to reluctant to post negative feedback which is some of the best notice we can give other members.

I totally agree about posting straight away, or if at the very least talk to the buyer and explain there might be a delay. They should then have the right to their money back should they not wish to wait. I feel really bad if I can't post something within a few days.

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

It's a shame things like this happen. I think it's more common than it use to be, or maybe people are just a little more outspoken these days.

I recently had quite a poor experience with a trader on here. I've not posted negative feedback as after 3 months it was resolved, but maybe I should to warn others.

I wonder if we are all to reluctant to post negative feedback which is some of the best notice we can give other members.

I totally agree about posting straight away, or if at the very least talk to the buyer and explain there might be a delay. They should then have the right to their money back should they not wish to wait. I feel really bad if I can't post something within a few days.

the club will never be like it was. I remember years ago when i joined and needing parts. members would basically "give" them away free just to help, still happens from time to time but not like it was. shame really.

This is certainly the case for traders, here isn't so bad as you have the dispute section where nobody can reply apart from the trader and you.

I've had it on other forums where traders have ripped me off and I've complained and because they are well known and liked I've been flamed to the point of not even wanting to use that forum anymore by other members. Even though the complaint was valid?!

It can certainly stop people saying anything.

The itrader on here is seldom used it seems these days but can also give a good indication how a seller might be.

the club will never be like it was. I remember years ago when i joined and needing parts. members would basically "give" them away free just to help, still happens from time to time but not like it was. shame really.

Look at you, you old git :)

I agree. But there is still some great generosity on here, but generally between those members with a bit of service. I would guess a significant amount of help and assistance between members occurs off board.

I have spent hours working on a good friends Supra who lives locally to me but who seldom comes onto the forum. In fact a good part of his car has come from my last car.

Luckily I have never needed many parts and anything I have needed has been donated by quality members. I remember needing a lighter for the car as mine was missing on import and Scott sent one FOC through the post. I recently needed a drivers seatbelt and Nicholas has kindly offered to send me one, again FOC.

I have however been made aware of a number of injustices or rip offs that have gone on over the 8 years I have been here and there is always the dilemma as to whether to drag it out in the open and get involved in something I was not originally party to. Some were small, one in particular was massive and should really have had the Police involved but too much time went on to actually prove the "theft" of parts.

Whether is be a tenner or a grand, anyone who does not produce the goods after payment should be banned immediately in my book. No excuses for months of non payment, no matter how "busy" you are. I run a business with 8 staff, a kids football team, I have 3 kids of differing ages and any payment or goods outstanding to anyone is always top of my list.

H.

This is true, and is a shame, but I guess people see just like ebay feedback and people just write nice things to get it over with

You will seldom get away from the fact that people are generally too polite and don't want to rock the boat. People who do confront issues are generally seem as trouble makers, I should know, I am one..!!

As much as I think the iTrader is a fantastic tool, it isn't used to its potential... or anywhere near it.

I would also like to see an option to have feedback investigated, like eBay. I have a negative feedback against my name because I complained about being ripped off, the other member decided to take it upon himself to leave me negative feedback as a retaliation for the negative feedback I left and the dispute thread that was started. IMO that shouldn't be allowed and is possibly a reason why people feel under pressure to only leave positive feedback.

That would do my head in if I started a dispute and then ended up with negative feedback.

Indeed, I've been ripped off a couple of times but both members were on their way out when they did it so they couldn't care less. IMO a ban was worthy but there was never a conclusion to either case and both members disappeared.

Since then I think the dispute threads have came on leaps and bounds, with real action being taken to protect members. In my eyes it's all going in the right direction but the iTrader portion could be doing with a spruce up :)

I had bad feed back from RTR but it got removed by the mods, he was just taking the piss as

i'd raised the subject of his disgraceful service etc etc

I asked the mods but it was refused as they said that's just the feedback he has left and that's how the system works.

I asked the mods but it was refused as they said that's just the feedback he has left and that's how the system works.

I think a bit more time and interest may have been required possibly. I would certainly ask the question again as over time certain peoples "benefit of doubt" is removed as they prove be the [*predictive text*] aunt [/predictive text], you thought they were.

People, even in the wrong do not accept criticism and will be naturally defensive, anyone calling a judgement must be able to read between the lines. The only thing a scorned person will do is make a counter complaint to improve their own position.

H.

Not really fussed now to be honest. It was years ago, but it shows how far this side of the forum has come along.

It's a shame that such measures have to be taken though, when I first joined dispute threads seemed much rarer than they are now. Fairly commonplace nowadays :(