The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alcohol

jazz1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I am getting older I find myself preferring drier beers. I say beers I mean lagers, I went through the real ale thing previously and have re-visited a few times since, but always find myself going back to lagers.

Sol

Tsingtao

Corona

Are among my current favourites.

I used to love the real Aussie lagers before they were all made here under licence, VB and Castlemain used to be great before they were ruined.

Lager drinkers should go to Asda and visit the bottled Ale section, they do a mix & match, 3 for £5. I usually try something different when I go, I may have tried them all by now, just lost count.

Wychwood Brewery who brew Hobgoblin Ale are doing a Halloween special, it's currently 99p a bottle in Aldi, I had a couple the other night and it was good. Aldi also do a smaller selection of bottled Ales and they're only £1.25 a bottle which is cheaper than Asda, you can get 4 for £5 here.

Lager drinkers should go to Asda and visit the bottled Ale section, they do a mix & match, 3 for £5. I usually try something different when I go, I may have tried them all by now, just lost count.

Wychwood Brewery who brew Hobgoblin Ale are doing a Halloween special, it's currently 99p a bottle in Aldi, I had a couple the other night and it was good. Aldi also do a smaller selection of bottled Ales and they're only £1.25 a bottle which is cheaper than Asda, you can get 4 for £5 here.

Its a personal thing, I prefer bottom fermented beers as I like the "fizz" that runs through it as opposed to top fermented ales that cant compare in terms of fizz. Don't believe that there is no taste in all lagers as some would like you to think. I know that the mainstream stuff on tap tends to be cak and similar in taste, but there are many really good ones out there. Recently I had the pleasure of sampling Timisoreana bruna which I can only describe as a lager version of old speckled hen, fantastic stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192920[/ATTACH]

Its a personal thing, I prefer bottom fermented beers as I like the "fizz" that runs through it as opposed to top fermented ales that cant compare in terms of fizz. Don't believe that there is no taste in all lagers as some would like you to think. I know that the mainstream stuff on tap tends to be cak and similar in taste, but there are many really good ones out there. Recently I had the pleasure of sampling Timisoreana bruna which I can only describe as a lager version of old speckled hen, fantastic stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192920[/ATTACH]

Where do you get that stuff?

If I'm going to buy only 3 alcoholic drinks then more and likely it would be 3 bottles of JD...... maybe a sneaky Tequilla.

I'm a bit of a cider drinker. Have any of you ever tried this?......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192931[/ATTACH]

It's Biddenden Special Reserve Cider and is about £8 a bottle. It tastes bloody amazing and is seriously addictive! It's by far my favourite drink at the moment. It's a strong cider that's brewed in old Scottish whiskey barrels and so has a strong whiskey flavour. I thinks it's mostly sold in Kent as it's made here by a local brewery, but if you get the chance to try it, I seriously recommend it! :D

I've never really been a big drinker, any time I've been at a party I down all sorts of stuff to stay merry with the others but I only ever really get tipsy. I drank 1 litre of 80% absinthe and felt fine lol

That'll be the Spanish stuff. With a real 80% beverage, at a quantity of 1000ml.... you would be dead. There would be no visting the hospital to have your stomach pumped..... you would simply be DOA ;)

Spanish stuff is generally around 30-35% with "80%" and various other figures written on the bottle. I believe they cover it up, somewhat, by stating it as "proof", ie 80% proof.

I tried absinthe in a bar on the continent once. Absolutely disgusting, like drinking aftershave. Great if you want to enter a gurning competition I suppose.

I've drank the proper stuff a couple of times, I wasn't overly impressed either to be honest..... it is very strong stuff though.

This is the very much abridged version of this story, the full version will never be aired other than verbally lol.....

2 couples, out for a night out at the Hilton, proper skinfull (around 15 pints of stella each) followed by "last man standing" at the bar. Started charging drinks to our room and spotted Absinthe, 3 out of the 4 of us had a shot, my mate downed it in one and immediately regurgitated it into his mouth/hand. He ran to the toilet and apparently, taking his word for it, re-decorated the entire bathroom wall a lovely shade of green. It was bedtime after that.

I tried absinthe for the first time round my mates house when I was 15 and his folks were out, before we even finished cooking chicken nuggets and chips we were hammered :D

The first time I tried it was the week they re-legalised the stuff in the UK, or rather realised that it was never actually banned :D