The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacing Twin Turbo Link Pipes

Big Supes

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pricing these link pipes up at the moment.

£41 inc vat each from Toyota now!!!

Whifbitz £48 pair

JS performance £59.50 for 4 (two Supras)

I've seen many people getting them cheaper but am I not right in saying that they have to be fluoro lined silicone to prevent them from degrading?

As per my post in the other thread, if you're running the stock breather set up then yes they could do with being fluoro lined :) I've only found that out today myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the process of doing a swap of my turbos at the moment (will do a full write up when done) but remembered this thread when checking my link pipes. Just as an example of what they can look like internally see my pics below. On the outside they appear perfectly normal but internally its like the have massive boils that surely will be restricting flow.

Mine looked the same when removed

I actually thought the buldges were meant to be there, maybe to stop the hose from expanding under boost or to aid it from blowing off the pipework

Maybe i was wrong?

Rich yours look huge, mine were half that size

• 8 months later...

Thought id add to this, I'm reinstalling the vacuum hard pipes after changing the OEM link pipes. The problem is that the vacuum hard pipes dont seem to be sitting right, the rear pipes (red circle) are nearly hitting the firewall and the final bolt (yellow circle) wont line up. I think it bent a little while off, can i just bend it back or i am doing something wrong? :wasnotme: :banghead:

20151215_223431.jpg

20151215_223437.jpg

• 2 years later...
Anyone can post the lenght and diameter for the link pipes?

Debating to go silicone or OEM, not sure yet.

57mm ID, 100mm long pieces here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Straight-Silicone-Hose-Coupling-Connector-Silicon-Rubber-Tube-Joiner-Pipe-Ash/330688700173?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=540055717738&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Then cut them down to suit.

They need to be resistant to oil, however, normal silicon wont work i believe?

I'm just going on what a few people have used and recommended to me last week mate, as I'm doing mine before DB. What would you recommend using instead?

I just used normal silicone hoses same as my intercooler pipes.

I don’t understand why they would need to be oil resistant, I would of thought it would if out of them, be the joiner on the OEM intercooler link pipes that could have a mist of oil in them.

I just used normal silicone hoses same as my intercooler pipes.

I don’t understand why they would need to be oil resistant, I would of thought it would if out of them, be the joiner on the OEM intercooler link pipes that could have a mist of oil in them.

Me either, all I would say is I can't see them lasting anywhere near as long as the oem ones in the heat/heat cycles they are subject to, so regular inspecting and/or having some spares in the car ready might be advisable?

I'm just going on what a few people have used and recommended to me last week mate, as I'm doing mine before DB. What would you recommend using instead?

It's just something i've read.

You can get silicon hoses with a "fluro" lining to resist oil vapors.

It's just something i've read.

You can get silicon hoses with a "fluro" lining to resist oil vapors.

Ok thanks Ric, I'll take a look mate :thumbs: But to be fair I'm not planning on keeping them on forever, as you know me and I would always buy OEM, but I plan to hopefully whack a very small single on later this year if all goes to plan, so they are more of a temporary measure :)

Edit: I've just sent a message to ASH to see if they do 57mm ID with Fluoro lining.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I've joined the blistered boost pipe club. Do we get badges? :)

I've a pair of new ones ordered, plus a load of new vacuum hoses and a new lower rubber boost hose which I might as well replace while the rest of the pipework is off.

I hope that'll fix my current boost issue, although I'm guessing one of my VCVs is on the blink, so those will be next on my to-test list.

attachment.php?attachmentid=230338&stc=1&d=1546129375

attachment.php?attachmentid=230339&stc=1&d=1546129375

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg