The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2010 GTR Project (ongoing)

grahamc

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car has performed rather well at Castle Combe and Thruxton.... the brake cooling especially! Could only partially fade the orange paint. Car is off to Sly soon, so will see what he says about it all, but have been hitting speeds above 150mph with no issues from the additional ducts

While the car is at Slys place (yes, again, from this weekend):-

-forge transmission cooler

-steering wheel sent off for retrimming

-manifold ported and painted

-parts to be dipped (new gear paddles, steering wheel piece)

-parts to be powder coated (manifold, brake cooling ducts) - crackle black similar to the forge coolant tank

-remove the bonnet popup system (Im starting to do more and more track days and cones are becoming a BIG worry)

Then once I am back from holiday, I will start looking for some nice 18" wheels to run as track wheels :)

Nice thread....always like reading ownership stories like these.

Track days aside I'm guessing the Euro road trip has been the highlight so far? I notice you went to Fussen in southern Germany. Been there a few times myself....very picturesque and great roads in the area.

Nice thread....always like reading ownership stories like these.

Track days aside I'm guessing the Euro road trip has been the highlight so far? I notice you went to Fussen in southern Germany. Been there a few times myself....very picturesque and great roads in the area.

Its by far the best car I have ever owned! I talked to Mel about selling and she laughed and said "no chance". So will be keeping it (making it a little more track focused, but still a decent road car) and buying something else in the future.

Some of the event days have been very good.... Asda day and Nissan Experience (got to drive my dream car..... 70s Skyline). Yes tour was great fun, doing another one this year, even more GTRs this time, 30. Some awesome roads out there, yes.

• 1 month later...

Collected the car at the weekend and really happy with what has been.

Forge gearbox cooler was fitted, so will see how that holds up :)

Forgot to take the engine bay photo, minor differences - engine cover removed and manifold has been powder coated black

Steering wheel retrim

Larger shift paddles

Dipping to match the dash

Looks ace. Really nice job and those larger paddle shifts look better and more usable :)

Thanks... I like that the dipping matches all thats been done on the dash and the larger paddles do help (even more lazy now, have to move hands even less :))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just back from the GTROC Tour of Europe and here are some of the pics:-

First official car meet at Ace Cafe Luzern (Switzerland)

Anyone recognise this? Shame we couldnt take the cars up ;)

Great pics Graham, Dragonball should take a route like this, would get some lovely pictures.

Dragonball is only a weekend, isnt it? This was 8 days, 2000 miles in total, first stop was in Colmar, then through France to Mount Blanc, through Switzerland down to Turin, then back through Switzerland and into Germany with us eventually ending back in France. Met a v8 MG owner that had just driven all the way through southern Italy and back (3500+ miles), with only a few minor issues - very impressive.