The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2010 GTR Project (ongoing)

grahamc

Yeah, we keep missing each other, :banghead:

Supra was in car park on the Monday and out on track the Tuesday. I was with Christian from GTROC with the Calsonic R32 :)

Some how...

Christian was there with a Focus as well, right?? Do you know Paul - I referred to him as the other idiot earlier :)

Looks an awesome track and I will go back!

You need to read the reviews!

Skip the reviews (although, I have read them, very nearly pout me off.... would have preferred the R888) I spoke to the source about them on that weekend. If they are that bad in the wet, then I will be moaning at Toyo as the product is unsafe.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some how...

Christian was there with a Focus as well, right?? Do you know Paul - I referred to him as the other idiot earlier :)

Looks an awesome track and I will go back!

Thats right, I didn't go out in the focus as the first time I went out was in the R32 in the wet and that made me feel mega sick. No idea why don't get travel sickness when driving lol. He had a hoot in the RS though.

You have to drive Spa its awesome, next time you see a supra come say hi and ill take you out :)

Thats right, I didn't go out in the focus as the first time I went out was in the R32 in the wet and that made me feel mega sick. No idea why don't get travel sickness when driving lol. He had a hoot in the RS though.

You have to drive Spa its awesome, next time you see a supra come say hi and ill take you out :)

Paul said exactly the same after going out in the Focus :) but hes not a happy passenger.

Looks it.... at Thruxton next Friday in the MX5

Will do...

• 1 month later...

Completed another day at Goodwood, was an awesome day out! Went with a friend, he took his Renault megane track slag and his 730bhp GTR, we took the MX5 and our 650bhp GTR. There was another MX5 there....

The SCd MX5 is absolutely awesome :D it was so quick on the day, surprised so many cars! Kept catching a 500bhp Jag :) passed a Porsche Boxster GTS. Also surprised some AMG mercs, all of which were quicker on the straights, but stood no chance in the corners. In fact, the car handled so well, that I am tempted to put the rails and braces on hold and only adding the ARBs. Semi slicks will be a great addition to this car, once the current tyres die.

However there is now an interesting issue where when hot and corning hard, the power is cut and then half a second later its back... not the best feeling when pushing on through a corner!

Some videos

Supercharged MX5

http://vid920.photobucket.com/albums/ad45/grahamcleverly/Events/2016/Goodwood%20Track%20Day%2007/DD6F8A3F-7663-436B-8C0D-9595F02DDC79_zps1uvyzfu7.mp4

Short-shifting GTR

http://vid920.photobucket.com/albums/ad45/grahamcleverly/Events/2016/Goodwood%20Track%20Day%2007/IMG_6481_zpsam2xxtqu.mp4

GTRs swapping places

http://vid920.photobucket.com/albums/ad45/grahamcleverly/Events/2016/Goodwood%20Track%20Day%2007/IMG_6489_zpspoa04ked.mp4

Very nice :thumbs:

Could the power cut be oil pressure related, maybe look at baffling the sump or adding an accusump :search:

Good point.... I brimmed fuel and tested that (which it wasnt), so oil is a good point :) looking at battery (still has a battery with Japanese text), earth and alternator first, but I will ask the mechanic.

Very nice :thumbs:

Could the power cut be oil pressure related, maybe look at baffling the sump or adding an accusump :search:

Been doing some reading on this and apparently the MX5s dont suffer from oil surge, even on the full track prepared cars running slicks, hmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...
I love this event.

GoPro set, jerry cans set, new tyres set.

See you Friday?

Me too, although organisers seem to be losing track of what the event is all about!

Same:-

-cameras - CHECK

-jerry cans - CHECK

-new r888r - CHECK

-650bhp - CHECK

-Paul bringing even more extra fuel - CHECK

Hell yes, I have the day off and we will be leaving London somewhere between 10 & 11am

ASDA On Your Marks this weekend just passed and what an awesome event. Lovely weather, lovely cars, great people and some many fans of the GTR! Many of whom have only every been up to 70MPH :) What a surprise for them when the GTR passes 70 in 3rd gear, before we even hit the first corner, which is flat out in 4th gear so was exiting the corner at 110-118MPH :)

For ages a friend has been telling me to take his R33 (sprint car, stripped, caged, ohlins suspension, ap brakes, 700+hp) out and it always had minor issues (like misisng 3rd gear, missing 4th gear, then he killed the block, then the head, etc), but I finally got a chance to drive it. what a different animal altogether!! Absolutely loved the mental machine!!! Single turbo, no power below 5k rpm, but when the turbo spools WOW!!!! The big difference for me was the handling..... it was just sublime and really showed off the weight and handling difference between the 2 GTRs. Took a few passengers out in it and we were all just giggling like little girls the whole way round .....

The cars

Stig and our resident stig

• 3 weeks later...

I will be at Brighton Speed Trials in this tomorrow, handicap class (batch 2 - not on the list as I was a late entry) only :) Anyone going to be around? There is a Toyota Supra in the entry list, Paul Simon

http://www.brightonandhovemotorclub.co.uk/files/speedtrials/st2016carentrylist.pdf

Was cold and damp last year, hoping for better weather tomorrow:-

http://s920.photobucket.com/user/grahamcleverly/library/Events/2015/Brighton%20Speed%20Trials

I will be at Brighton Speed Trials in this tomorrow, handicap class (batch 2 - not on the list as I was a late entry) only :) Anyone going to be around? There is a Toyota Supra in the entry list, Paul Simon

http://www.brightonandhovemotorclub.co.uk/files/speedtrials/st2016carentrylist.pdf

Was cold and damp last year, hoping for better weather tomorrow:-

http://s920.photobucket.com/user/grahamcleverly/library/Events/2015/Brighton%20Speed%20Trials

If you find him, you could be his bodyguard...

Now that was a good weekend!

Left London early, arrived at Brighton seafront at about 0700... my friend who had brought his 700+bhp R33 discovered a coolant leak, so rushed home to swap to the R35, luckily he is not in central.

As I am only on a National B license, I could only compete in the handicap class. Came 3rd in that class and was beaten by an Austin Healey and sone other thing that both had -9.5 second handicaps and both ran 18 seconds. So I would have had to have gone sub 10 seconds to beat them.

First practice run was without launch control and did 11.51 and my only real run with launch control was 10.94 with 1.84 for the 64ft. I was rather happy with that and think the launch can be better. The launch did feel good though :D

The top 6 for the day were mid 10s and 11s, so with my 1 full run, I would have been 4th overall...... oh well, next year I will have my A license.

Some more pics here:-

http://s920.photobucket.com/user/grahamcleverly/library/Events/2016/Brighton%20Speed%20Trials

Should have a video of the good run on the blackVue, hopefully I will have time to check today.

My friend in the other R35 was struggling with traction, so decided to steal my rear wheels :) 1st run he bogged down, have a feeling it was due to too little power on the launch, but then improved on his final run to 11.3, but was just outside the top 6.