The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate these threads.....never thought I'd be here

Paul

Why not make it public?

As I've owned it 13 years and spent good money on it so naturally I would want the maximum to convince me to sell, still would run at a loss what with the original cost plus what I've spent on it (as we all would). TBH I'm suprised at the rarity and as said earlier it's worth what someone is willing to pay, one thing clear is it's worth £15K plus, I want to be fair but also take into account the quality, at this stage I wouldn't want to give a definative price as I was way out on my thoughts 24hrs ago.

As I've owned it 13 years and spent good money on it so naturally I would want the maximum to convince me to sell, still would run at a loss what with the original cost plus what I've spent on it (as we all would). TBH I'm suprised at the rarity and as said earlier it's worth what someone is willing to pay, one thing clear is it's worth £15K plus, I want to be fair but also take into account the quality, at this stage I wouldn't want to give a definative price as I was way out on my thoughts 24hrs ago.

Still a damn site less than what you'd lose on deprivation on owing a BMW! Oh wait :D

So, there's some pics, still not decided if I will sell although she doesn't get the use she deserves.

As said earlier it's what it's worth to someone, the price willing to be paid will be a massive part of the decision, I don't want to rip anyone off and believe this is a special car, again I don't need the money either and it's going up in value it would seem.

Difficult really, don't want it to turn into an Ebay style auction (especially as I'm not 100% on selling) but if anyone interested wants to tell me what it's worth to them then I'll consider it, clearly if it comes down to the sale and it's not as described (believe me it is !!) then any price mentioned would be clearly void. Having said that I would slam the door on anyone going back on an 'offer' and it'll stay put in my garage for many more years ;)

Wow the interior looks like new!! Have the seats been re-trimmed?!

I'd say it is worth more than £15k seeing the condition it is in, and without a doubt it is increasing in price now.

Yes mate, re-trimmed in leather throughout, I got an A1 condition oem carpet from Germany too. All this was done several years ago but not seen very much use since it was done. The interior and the TRD steering wheel haven't seen more than a few hundred miles. Also I forgot, under the carpet it's had Dynamat fitted, speakers upgraded from stock but using original grills.

Few more interior shots...

One thing to bear in mind, the prep for these shots took 10 minutes yesterday with quick detail spray it hasn't been washed for over a year, the interior hasn't been hoovered for a few years, to be honest I need to do the alloy rims with some metal polish as they are a little dull :)

The reason it keeps like this is it lives in an integral garage with heating pipes running through it so it keeps it at the ideal temperature, no chance of mould/rust and the fact it's away from UV light must help avoid any degradation with paint and plastics.

Having said that it was a daily driver for a good few years after most of the work was done, not always been laid up in a garage for 95% of the year :D

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

Edited by Paul (see edit history)

Has anyone ever sat on the passenger seat?! :blink:

Yeah...lol :D Probably not seen massive use though, TBH the quality of the re-trim is so good that even the driver's seat still looks mint. The reason I changed the carpet was because my mate spilt a chemical in the passenger side footwell when he owned it, the mat covered it but because it wasn't perfect and I knew it was there I got a mint one from Germany :D