The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate these threads.....never thought I'd be here

Paul

49 minutes ago, Scooter said:

IAll longer term owners must be in a appreciation situation, I spose that can make some worry or go into preserve mode, but surely not so much as if you are a recent £2-30K+ purchase price owner?  

I know if I put in the money to make it mint then I will be more nervous of the usage and inevitable degradation from there on, it might even make me more likely to sell I think?

I don't think I'm quite in appreciated territory, more cost free motoring over 23 years. This rising price is a curse for longer term owners, it encourages you to drop £thousands on the thing tarting it up which you would never do if it was scrap yard fodder. Then, after you spend £thousands you do become a lot more precious over taking it out; that underside might get some dust or worst splashed dirt on it. Every puddle in every pothole becomes like navigating a minefield where you know one is going to get you.

Its pure mental torture.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

So, 3 yrs on, has the bubble burst ? Looking to finally go classic insurance, still own. What sort of money is she worth ? Been kept in a dehumidified garage for the last 5yrs, same condition as the photos and sad to say zero miles added

Edited by Paul (see edit history)

Unfortunately 2021 were supra peak prices, now they're struggling to sell, I know someone with tt6, full respray, lots of work and completely stock took over a year to sell and sold eventually for 35k. The market for all cars like these is now is on its arse. I'd hold on to it if I were you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Don't need to sell, best buy ever, love her. 24 yrs of ownership.... she still ticks so many boxes

Well good thing is because its a uk tt6 insurance companies will look at that as a plus, I've had my jdm tt auto mostly fully restored and sent the pics to my insurance company and they gave me an agreed value of £55,000 so I'd expect yours to be £60,000 at least, I know some lads have theirs valued by insurance at over £100,000!

Best you can do is take the best quality pics and send it to a good insurer and see what they come back with.

• Like 1