The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a uk spec guys?

Gretie22

I am struggling to see what identifies the back bumper as UK spec? I know the rear lights bit and the headlight washers, bigger brakes, bonnet scoop, proper actual leather back seats, beige leather, but back bumper? Me no see it?

J spec ones have a hole where the numberplate goes uk ones don't, as you can see on the photo, no hole above or below the numberplate.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a message back

No history and he got it from a scrap yard, he says "it comes with no history the guy I bought it off was from a scrap yard it was sent there cause brake lines costed to much to replace but ive put all new lines in"

Alarm bells ringing in my head

I have asked for some better pics, it could be a nice buy as a project possibly, but I have a feeling it maybe a money pit and with no History it is never going to be a Supra of value in the future even as a UK Spec

May be just a good breaker unfortunately

I have had a message back

No history and he got it from a scrap yard, he says "it comes with no history the guy I bought it off was from a scrap yard it was sent there cause brake lines costed to much to replace but ive put all new lines in"

Alarm bells ringing in my head

I have asked for some better pics, it could be a nice buy as a project possibly, but I have a feeling it maybe a money pit and with no History it is never going to be a Supra of value in the future even as a UK Spec

May be just a good breaker unfortunately

WTF brake lines cost to much..............its been run into the ground then............

WTF brake lines cost to much..............its been run into the ground then............

Most likely just rotted away. I am weary of sellers who have very little knowledge of what they are selling, not like he went to buy the car in the first place and the chap went "It's got 4 wheels and drives what more do you need to know" and he went, great I'll buy it :D

Most likely just rotted away. I am weary of sellers who have very little knowledge of what they are selling, not like he went to buy the car in the first place and the chap went "It's got 4 wheels and drives what more do you need to know" and he went, great I'll buy it :D

To be fair its owner before him deemed it cost to much to change the brake lines and took it for scrap? So yeah abz, at a guess the its got 4 wheels and kinda drives sounds about right.

Do you know about the hpi check system in the UK Michael? It's possible to check whether a car's been written off, whether the mileage is genuine, if it has outstanding finance on it etc through a computer search. There's a charge for it, but it's possible that some of our members have premium access (as car traders or just in the car trade) and one of them might run a check as a favour to you or for a small fee. Don't know if you can do it remotely via a hpi check website from the Netherlands, might also be worth a shot. It's not guaranteed (as in, it's possible for a car to have been damaged in an accident but not declared through insurance) and you'd still need to check the car out properly, but it gives a degree of confidence.