Style

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds good dude, must be killing you now lol

Definitely dude, just want to be able to drive it!

Fitted the wheels yet?

Not yet mate. Need to get the arches done and maybe coilovers of some sort. Cars been off the road since i got them as well :(

Arch work and possible suspension amendments are required first. :thumbs:

:yeahthat:

Car's been undriveable since I got them :( Was going to get it to the body shop for a lot of work to be done but may split that over 2 trips with the first one being arch work to get the wheels on.

I've been looking around and it seems some people have managed to run CCW's on stock yellow Billies. But failing that I'll get some Chris Wilson Bilsteins to sort that out.

• 3 months later...

Was finally able to get the car in to HQ Garage and properly mapped :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=207248&stc=1&d=1449222833

attachment.php?attachmentid=207249&stc=1&d=1449222833

Made 327rwhp which was estimated at around 400hp on a the dyno so happy with that as it is a bit of a tough one on numbers. Lots of niggles when i brought the car to them and Russ took me through every single one of them. Cold start was crap, off boost driving was pretty terrible and power low down was way off. I sat in the car with him during the tuning so got to see what goes on at every stage, can't thank them enough for doing a great job. Car now runs like stock off boost and then takes off when the turbo comes on. I finally have a running NA-T! :D

Next up is body work. Will be taking it to a body shop soon to get some quotes on the work I would like done and hopefully get it dropped off for its transformation soon.

Nice dude! Glad you got it mapped and all mechanical issues sorted. I genuinely can't wait to see your wheels on. If you don't mind me asking, what are the specs and rough cost? PM if you wish.

Thanks mate, really happy with how it all turned out in the end. Itching to get the wheels on now too! :)

Specs are 18x10.5 +51 at the front and 18x11.5 +51 at the rear

Tyre are 285x30 and 315x30

All in cost after delivery, customs, tyres etc was around £4.5k

• 1 month later...

So I've removed the Top Secret front bumper as well as the OEM spoiler, skirts and spats in prep for the cars respray and new body parts to go on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=208203&stc=1&d=1453288745

attachment.php?attachmentid=208204&stc=1&d=1453288745

I'm waiting on some more clips and potsy items from Toyota so I can mount the stock bumper that I've got and will then be able to get everything back together and along to the body shop for its respray and arch work for the CCW's. My facelift headlights are pretty far gone as well so I'll either see what Scott can do with them or get a new set at some point. can't have them letting the exterior down!

17" Weds Racing TC005's vs 18" CCW LM5T's. Just a little bit more width!

attachment.php?attachmentid=208205&stc=1&d=1453288745

attachment.php?attachmentid=208206&stc=1&d=1453288745

Also picked up a wheel treatment kit from Gtechniq for the CCW's before they go on. Hopefully I'll have some of the C5 left over and can stick that on the TRD spoiler carbon blade for some protection. I've heard they can fade after a while so that should help

attachment.php?attachmentid=208202&stc=1&d=1453288745

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

Are you going for an OEM front bumper? Can't wait to see the wheels on!! More pics.

Yes mate I've had the bumper for a while now but forgot all about the difference in mounts from the TS bumper and the foam crash absorber. So I've got all the clips and brackets en route from Toyota just now and will hopefully get it all mounted soon. Going to get some hours in over the weekend so will get some more pics up :)

Looking forward to seeing the outcome :cool: The car looked great before, no doubt it will look even better soon.

Thanks Jay, hoping it turns out as I imagine it will! :)

Your car sounds awesome! I just watched that clip, what exhaust is on there?

Thanks mate, it's a Motoria 3" stainless steel exhaust which was only about £180 or something from eBay. Fitments not great but sounds brilliant :)

I'm planning to get a 4" exhaust at some point this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Car is booked in for the 15th of February to have the arches cut and I've just picked up a set of HSD Dualtech coilovers which I'll fit once I get the car back.

I'll then have 3 weeks to test the new wheels for scrubbing before it goes in for a full respray, general tidy up and more work to the arches if need be on the 7th of March. Looking forward to finally getting the wheels on! :cool:

The quote I've been given for the full respray is considerably less than what I'd budgeted for so I have some funds left over to splash elsewhere. Thinking I'll finish off the exterior with a new exhaust, brake caliper refurb (they've seen better days) and get Scott to clean up my headlights just in time for the warmer months of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my arches rolled on Tuesday to accommodate the new wheels. I was hoping to get them cut but the bodyshop was confident they could get a good roll on them. Also got a pile of parts building in the garage:

- HSD Dualtech coilovers

- SRD Undertray

- Whifbitz 4" stainless steel exhaust

- Full set of Toyota badges for once it's sprayed

Will get some photos when I'm up at the weekend. Might even test fit the CCW's but will be on stock suspension :cool:

Brakes will get done after the re-spray as I've been quoted an 7-10 day turnaround

• 1 month later...

So I picked the car up at the weekend after it's full respray. They've done a fantastic job and I'm really happy with the finish. Only quip is they've painted my front lip instead of just leaving it black but to be fair it looks good so will keep it for now. I had arranged to get the headlights sent down to Scott for a refurb once I got the car back but the guys at the bodyshop had a go themselves. They seemed quite proud of the job they did on the paint so did a little extra to really finish things off!

Only managed two photos as I was on a tight schedule. Car is now in my garage and back up on axle stands, exhaust off and old shocks off. Sunday I'll get my Whifbitz exhaust and HSD coilovers on and that means the wheels as well at long last! :D

SRD undertray will go on and my dated Team Beard stickers will also come off if I have the time :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=210877&stc=1&d=1460475971

attachment.php?attachmentid=210878&stc=1&d=1460475971

Schedule is tightening for Dragonball so once I've got it back together it'll just need some shakedown runs and the ECU harness fixed as I know there is a loose wire in there that's throwing dodgy crank signals. Will hopefully get the full photo album from the bodyshop soon as they put one together for me and will post on here

IMG_4736 resized.jpg

IMG_4735 resized.jpg