The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapping day today with Ryan

Chris Bailey

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you have not missed it- will try and get something uploaded later as I know you like to keep your records up to date!

:thumbs: will keep my eye out for it

640ftlbs by 3700rpm is king, the area under the torque curve will be very impressive, your on a tubular manifold too not cast?

:thumbs: will keep my eye out for it

640ftlbs by 3700rpm is king, the area under the torque curve will be very impressive, your on a tubular manifold too not cast?

Yes it's a Boostlogic T4manifold and your not wrong but impressive doesn't seem to express how I feel when I hit the loud pedal now;)

Going on your old 1/4mile terminal, and the fact SRR will be under reading on your car a tad due to it being auto, I'm betting on high boost you are now ITRO a real 670bhp.

When Ryan was tweaking whilst we were driving he felt that without doubt it was in region of 650hp. To be fair Jamie I am not chasing a top HP figure I just wanted that high torque kick in the pants which it certainly gives now

Thanks Mark

Yes we are pleased-always wanted the car to perform best in lower rev range rather than just outright top speed. Next decision will be the hard one do I change the cams from stock to 264's?

Depends on your rev limit really :)

You would really need to get on a hub dyno to see if there would be a benefit. My guess is probably yes, but there's no point dropping wads of cash into the cams, fitting and re-mapping if it's not really going to gain much.

Depends on your rev limit really :)

You would really need to get on a hub dyno to see if there would be a benefit. My guess is probably yes, but there's no point dropping wads of cash into the cams, fitting and re-mapping if it's not really going to gain much.

Ryan said himself that the stock cams are holding the car back at the top end, which I knew would be a problem.

Ryan said himself that the stock cams are holding the car back at the top end, which I knew would be a problem.

Makes sense as the next stage then to fit after market cams. Question is which one to go for?

Still a fantastic result!!

Makes sense as the next stage then to fit after market cams. Question is which one to go for?

Still a fantastic result!!

For me it would be 264/264, its a happy medium and we can keep the low down torque but then still make more mid to topend power. Theres a few tbings Ryan suggested to help maximise our current setup.

Nice result John! Must be an absolute weapon on the street :cool: Do you really need the cams though? You may free up a bit of top end power but is 650hp not enough? :D

Feels like a 650bhp car low down with the torque, but on the graph it drops torque at the top end because of the ridiculous wheel spin. Still feels much faster on the road though even when we have lost bhp, but the extra torque makes up for it.

• 1 month later...