The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapping day today with Ryan

Chris Bailey

GSC's are an old design now, I'd go with a set of SRD stage 1's, well proven to work really well.

whats wrong with gsc cams then?

gsc stage 1 269 duration 9.9 lift

srd stage 2 269 duration 9.6 lift

you loved yours with gsc1's i seem to remember ;)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400lb before 4krpm, that's faster than a stock TT :D

That wasnt the final result either, final numbers were 640lbft by 3700rpm.

Made 700lbft on one of the runs but trans temps went too high.

Ryan thinks its a 650bhp car but couldnt get an accurate result due to wheelspin. Need to hub dyno it to get a true figure.

Are you sure about those figures you are quoting?

Cant guarantee the horsepower figure because we couldn't get a clean run, Ryan took it out on the road and said it feels like a 650bhp car. I do believe the torque figure though because you can feel the gains lower in the RPM range.

Are you sure about those figures you are quoting?

i expect that the figures are from the drag launch , where they would be building boost and power in the transmission by brake boosting ? can make alot of boost stationary

any who i want to see the results on the strip .

John / chris

if you do decide on a test and tune day let me know and i will come up with you i need to see what mine can do ! and want a cheeky race

Cant guarantee the horsepower figure because we couldn't get a clean run, Ryan took it out on the road and said it feels like a 650bhp car. I do believe the torque figure though because you can feel the gains lower in the RPM range.

I believe the figure, it's the @3700rpm I don't believe ;)

I believe the figure, it's the @3700rpm I don't believe ;)

That depends on the accuracy of the dyno' graph I guess.

This pic here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=186904&d=1402303427

shows max torque at 3700rpm (~ 584lbft, which I assume is at the wheels rather than the fly) so would be correct. Saying that, if the hp figure can't be confirmed I would assume it's the same story for the torque. :shrug:

In any event, having now had a quick spin in the passenger seat I can confirm that John's car is, uh, 'quite fast'... :D

image.jpg

That graph is the most accurate graph Ryan could find out of the 20 runs he did. This graph was just to show the torque curve, we never got a final printout of the 640lbft because we was in a rush to get home as it was nearly 8pm and was a 2 hour drive home.

Admittedly we need to go on a hub dyno for an accurate figure but would benefit from a set of 264 cams to see what we can push it too. But whatever the outcome fhe car still feels alot quicker since the remap, especially lower in the rev range so we must have gained alot more torque than the 560lbft previously.

All runs were flywheel horsepower.

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

i expect that the figures are from the drag launch , where they would be building boost and power in the transmission by brake boosting ? can make alot of boost stationary

any who i want to see the results on the strip .

John / chris

if you do decide on a test and tune day let me know and i will come up with you i need to see what mine can do ! and want a cheeky race

Join us at Santa pod on the 5th and 6th July for Japshow, we are doing RWYB on the Saturday and camping with a few forum members Saturday night ready for Japshow on sunday.

Also worth remembering that when we had the car mapped in January 2013 it made 607bhp/560lbft on the stock autobox, and now we have a built boostlogic drag auto. So maybe the new gearbox explains the low down grunt along with the HKS T04Z.

Ryan limited the torque between gear changes to protect the stock box didn't he Chris?