Episode II A New Hope

jim

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, Jim just looking at 323 mm disc's to go along with the new UK calipers and found a company in Londonderry called M TEC brakes. Disc's holed and grooved with various styled coatings for £180 with free postage. Have you heard of them. Their website looks pretty good.:cool:

i thought about that mod, looks sweet dude.

Cheers Ric, looks better and feels better too, the difference in weight between the two wheels is very noticeable. I'll replace the horn button though, I don't mind it but it's got a bit of dried glue on it (previous owner) and it's bugging me :) Can't complain though, I got it for free from a mate who'd replaced the wheel on his Celica, the only thing I paid for was the airbag adapter from Toyota which was only a few quid.

Hi, Jim just looking at 323 mm disc's to go along with the new UK calipers and found a company in Londonderry called M TEC brakes. Disc's holed and grooved with various styled coatings for £180 with free postage. Have you heard of them. Their website looks pretty good.:cool:

Never heard of M Tec Al, and I'm not sure on prices for TT discs so I don't know if that's a good price or not. I think I told you I paid less than £100 for mine for the ls400 calipers but they're not drilled & grooved (so not as pretty) but they're good quality. I've been hugely impressed with the difference the brakes have made, really like night and day. If you want I can pm you Colin's (at SSI) number, you could ask him to price a set for you from wherever he gets them from to see if it saves you anything?

Yea Jim that's dead on I'm away tomorrow on hols for 3 weeks but I'll gave Colin a bell when I come home Still fancy original discs from Toyota they're hard to beat. Did you replace your flexi hoses to braided ones or just run with the originals. My originals look like new and I'm wondering would braided hoses make any noticeable difference to an N/A. The gen 7 steering wheel defiantly feels thinner than original.Took me a while to get used to my gen 7 wheel and I was thinking of putting the standard wheel back on again but the new one probably looks sportierrrrrr :cool:

Edited by FAMILY MAN (see edit history)

Haven't replaced them yet but will do at some point, Dude did a group buy on them a while back and I fitted them to my last one just a few weeks before I bought the new one so didn't really have time to test the difference they made. Will probably just wait until there's another group buy on them from one of the traders :)

• 7 months later...

Haven't updated this thread in a while, I fitted the wheels but wasn't happy with the colour so put the bbs's back on over the winter. I'm currently saving for a set of ssr sp1's (almost there too). This is how it looked with the bronze splits fitted:

attachment.php?attachmentid=192305&d=1412450628

• 9 months later...

Cheers guys, thought you'd like them Jake ;) Centres are in great condition so I'm planning on just replacing the SSR stickers on them, one lip needs a bit of attention and they all just need a polish to bring them up like new hopefully. I got them through JDM Distro who were absolutely brilliant, helps when the guy is a member & supra owner :D

Edited by jim (see edit history)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a bit of work done this week - the paint cracked on one arch when they were rolled a wile back so I got both rear quarters painted, rear bumper too, there were some stone chip repairs on the passenger door so I got that painted too, then I got the front bumper smoothed and active spoiler fitted. I have Andrewow's module and a switch to fit still then it'll be operational.

I've been set on stock bodied all along, but now I'm considering some OEM skirts - do you think it looks 'unbalanced' with the lip and no skirts?

Would also like to get the lip and scuttle panel hydro-dipped (carbon) but I'm skint for a while now :innocent: