Japfest 2014 - Saturday 10th May 2014 @ Castle Combe Circuit

lui

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the only thing you pick up on? Sorry to come across as provoking something and I appreciate you had a bad day but if you have the power to ask things telepathically then you should of. It wasn't that bad and to what lengths did you go to to actually get the blue Surpa to move? If it was an emergency there is a PA system and I am sure they are a member on here and that someone knows them, it's not exactly a subtle Supra - I recognise the Supra but cant think of their name right now, and this is my first show with the club since I joined. The stand was tight and there wasn't enough room for all even if the other cars hadn't taken up the space, imagine if all the listed Supra's had showed - I was next to a BMW in a Japanese car show AND blocked in by someone else

No room? There was a space next to Nevins!!

Yeah whilst my wife and kids are stood getting soaked I'll wander around and ask someone to put a call out with a megaphone for "The dude with the blue Supra"?

Everything else that went wrong I can live with. I cracked my own bumper, nobody can control the weather... But just to park up and abandon a car just rude.

Remember, I paid the same money as everyone else, so had I wanted some track time, or to go on the dyno, I couldn't have done that either. But predominantly, I wanted to get my kids out of that weather.

Doesn't matter though, after DB I shall probably sell up and get an MX5! At least they could all park!

Edited by Benjy (see edit history)

I saw your car mate but didn't see you!

What happened?

I briefly saw you but didn't get to speak mate :( was trying to dodge hoards of people and rain :) the supe has thrown a brake pad happened 1 mile from the circuit started making a horrible grinding noise from the n/s front so got it recovered will strip it down in morning fingers crossed it ain't nothing worse:( hopefully will catch up with you at another show :)

I briefly saw you but didn't get to speak mate :( was trying to dodge hoards of people and rain :) the supe has thrown a brake pad happened 1 mile from the circuit started making a horrible grinding noise from the n/s front so got it recovered will strip it down in morning fingers crossed it ain't nothing worse:( hopefully will catch up with you at another show :)

Not good man!! Cheap fix though... Hopefully...

Probably won't bother with shows mate. All this thread's done is antagonise me further.

Not good man!! Cheap fix though... Hopefully...

Probably won't bother with shows mate. All this thread's done is antagonise me further.

Well when ff7 is premiered at blue water if I have to stick a supra badge on a donkey and ride it down the m4 I'll see you there :donkey::D

Hey Mark , sorry to hear this mate . All being well not too expensive !!! . Shame I was,nt following you , as I couldda given your wife a lift home . LOL

When I walked past the Supra Owners Club stand a few times throughout the day most of you were sat in your cars looking like you wanted to hang yourselves ;)

Yep, that was me and my mate when it started to rain. Felt totally drained after about 11 O'clock.

I had a good day too, I really dislike rain so did hide in the car quite a lot, plus all out food was in the car :D

I think I asked you if you were Katy and if you needed a hand washing the car.

That moment was quite awkward indeed :)

The day could have been better, I thought I may have been tempted to buy to things for the car, but nothing caught my fancy.

Thanks for the cleaning products :)

Edited by Tayfun.tugra (see edit history)

Your home or mine :D

There,s no point in taking her to your house as you,ll still be waiting for the tow truck by the time we got to yours . So was thinking it only polite to take her to mine , as by that time she,d be suffering the early stages of hypothermia (waiting recovery ) .

As a gentleman I would by this time give her some brandy to warm her up, followed by getting her straight to bed with hot water bottle !!! LOL

There,s no point in taking her to your house as you,ll still be waiting for the tow truck by the time we got to yours . So was thinking it only polite to take her to mine , as by that time she,d be suffering the early stages of hypothermia (waiting recovery ) .

As a gentleman I would by this time give her some brandy to warm her up, followed by getting her straight to bed with hot water bottle !!! LOL

And heres me thinking you only had eyes for me :( :tongue:

How it was "p**s poor" convoy I'm not sure. We all met at the services, and we all arrived at Combe together, which to me makes it a successful convoy in my opinion. The convoy did get split at one point, but when Nevins text me to let me know, we all got together again.

I don't know if it was the speed we were going that wasn't good enough for people, but I'm quite content with my clean licence (there were at least 3 unmarked cars on the M4 on the way by the way, and those were just the ones I clocked)

The convoy was split more than once, you were just too far ahead to see it. I text you in the end because you led us a way which we had no clue where we were going, granted your not responsible for closed roads etc but you should have looked into this, which could have avoided us having to drive down a narrow coutry lane which i for one was not at all happy with taking a freshly resprayed car down! Not forgetting to mention that when you do pull over to allow your convoy to catch up, dont do it in the middle of another "country road" which was pretty busy, leaving cars behind having to try and over take the 8 supras using the wrong side of the road with oncoming traffic just for you to run off into a field and go for a piss!!

Yeah whilst my wife and kids are stood getting soaked I'll wander around and ask someone to put a call out with a megaphone for "The dude with the blue Supra"?

Remember, I paid the same money as everyone else, so had I wanted some track time, or to go on the dyno, I couldn't have done that either. But predominantly, I wanted to get my kids out of that weather.

Doesn't matter though, after DB I shall probably sell up and get an MX5! At least they could all park!

seriously lolled at the mx5 remark! haha :D you should have said hun, you could have put the kids in with us, i wouldn't have minded getting wet, we didn't realise until you came to see us what was going on.

Touch harsh criticising the club stand. Lui has to work with what he is given and puts a lot of effort in to making this event really big. He has to fit in all the cars in the space he gets and that means putting them close together.

Organising an event for 50 people along with a convoy is not easy, I should know I have done enough of them. I'm sure Lui would be more than happy to hand over the organisation to somebody else next year if anybody wants to volunteer...anybody?

I think Lui needs a big hand, and if you have complaints I would certainly go direct to Japfest organisers with them.

Forgive my lack of maths here, but although i didn't do a count of how many cars we had, we had nowhere near 50 and still run out of places even after the mx5's etc had moved so was the plan all along to park the cars in front of each other in a way like Benjy said, that those behind couldn't have been seen, or did u want us to park so close that we could get in and out of the cars all day long?? :rolleyes:

Surprised the club doesn't have a gazebo for events with dodgy weather forecast, perhaps it might

be an idea to get one for the future.

This one fitted in the back of my supra and was up in minutes, £100 from the sportshq and still in great

condition now, Ibrar and myself used it at JAE in 2007 and another car club at Japfest 2011

Japfest 2011 003.jpg

2007_0722JAE0001.JPG

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I had a good day, I think we got away very lightly with the weather. I think the spot was okay, but could have been bigger. But im not going to make a scene about it because I can imagine its not easy for Lui to try find a patch of grass for 30+cars. I think the area we were was good because dads car got abit of interest and was nice chatting to people about it. All in all I enjoyed the day :)

dads car got abit of interest

But Chris, that's not the point of taking your modified japanese car to a modified japanese car show and parking it INSIDE the show on a club stand. It's to park with 30 other Supras and not chat to the other owners..... :think:

The convoy was split more than once, you were just too far ahead to see it. I text you in the end because you led us a way which we had no clue where we were going, granted your not responsible for closed roads etc but you should have looked into this, which could have avoided us having to drive down a narrow coutry lane which i for one was not at all happy with taking a freshly resprayed car down! Not forgetting to mention that when you do pull over to allow your convoy to catch up, dont do it in the middle of another "country road" which was pretty busy, leaving cars behind having to try and over take the 8 supras using the wrong side of the road with oncoming traffic just for you to run off into a field and go for a p!ss!!

Granted, I took advantage to relieve myself. Ill give you that.

The lane we went down simply rejoined the road we would have been on if the turning wasn't closed off. Just so you know, I knew the Horse Trials were on, and did check for any road closures on Friday night. That one was not listed. In fact, none were listed that would have affected us, so for that, there was nothing I could do.

My car has fresh paint too (a week older than yours), and the lane was plenty wide enough for a Supra.

I always had sight of the Supra behind me, and on a few occasions slowed right down to let everyone catch up. How people dropped back I'm not sure, as at times I was crawling along.

But Chris, that's not the point of taking your modified japanese car to a modified japanese car show and parking it INSIDE the show on a club stand. It's to park with 30 other Supras and not chat to the other owners..... :think:

We understand that you are not happy about it, but to keep having a go about makes us wonder why we even bother to try and organise any event in our spare time.

Granted, I took advantage to relieve myself. Ill give you that.

The lane we went down simply rejoined the road we would have been on if the turning wasn't closed off. Just so you know, I knew the Horse Trials were on, and did check for any road closures on Friday night. That one was not listed. In fact, none were listed that would have affected us, so for that, there was nothing I could do.

My car has fresh paint too (a week older than yours), and the lane was plenty wide enough for a Supra.

I always had sight of the Supra behind me, and on a few occasions slowed right down to let everyone catch up. How people dropped back I'm not sure, as at times I was crawling along.

I was not in your convoy as I came from the north but I have just clicked on to the road you lot took I came back that way by accident and It was a 100x better than the road you should have taken that the police etc stopped everyone turning into with cones etc, so you lot got the better deal the road was wide enough for two cars easily and I would suggest had you lot that didnt like the road that you did go down you would have hated the road that you should have gone down it was allot narrower and there were some nasty nasty potholes.

We understand that you are not happy about it, but to keep having a go about makes us wonder why we even bother to try and organise any event in our spare time.

I've already said I'm not having a go at the "organiser". My responses are to the dumbass remarks suchas "no need to cry about it..." You tell my 8 month old kid not to cry because the rain coupled with the wind was battering him in the face. It doesn't work.

This is the 2nd show I've been to with the Supra and the club. The first one I organised because nobody else could be arsed. Japshow Finale last year. Apparently there was "no interest", yet I managed to get around 20 cars onto a club stand within 2 weeks!

As mentioned, the club hasn't got a gazebo. We had no flags or banners. Just a carpark inside the show that I for one couldn't get out of when I wanted to leave without someone else having to move in what was a very very busy show.

:thumbs:

Goes for everything really.

You seem to have got allot of stick for your efforts Listy and although I ended up on a different stand I still got my ticket from you originally and I would 100% say thanks for going out of the way to organise the group tickets regardless of a few mishaps that seem to have come about.

I did speak to a few of you when I walked past Lewisdanny dodgyrog etc it was nice seeing you all and putting faces to names anyway :) ....

I've already said I'm not having a go at the "organiser". My responses are to the dumbass remarks suchas "no need to cry about it..." You tell my 8 month old kid not to cry because the rain coupled with the wind was battering him in the face. It doesn't work.

This is the 2nd show I've been to with the Supra and the club. The first one I organised because nobody else could be arsed. Japshow Finale last year. Apparently there was "no interest", yet I managed to get around 20 cars onto a club stand within 2 weeks!

As mentioned, the club hasn't got a gazebo. We had no flags or banners. Just a carpark inside the show that I for one couldn't get out of when I wanted to leave without someone else having to move in what was a very very busy show.

Your cars were Pretty close I wouldnt have wanted to get in and out let alone with a baby and yes whoever parked that car across you lot was a Nonce but some of the other stands had bad luck too im not playing down your problems but car shows sometimes are a bit of a mess and its unfortunatley part of the parcel of these things.

Edited by MattP (see edit history)