Japfest 2014 - Saturday 10th May 2014 @ Castle Combe Circuit

lui

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really enjoyed it today, from being up at 4.50am and getting there around 8.30, no massive queues to get in this year, prob took about 5/10 mins max. Granted I wasn't on the Supra stand, but it looked pretty good, albeit smaller in size than previous years. Be thankful you weren't put at the back with the other clubs, that field was looking pretty muddy. The weather wasn't bad at all, had one or two proper piss down moments at about 12 and 2 but only lasted 5 mins, the sun was out a bit aswell, far better than the actual forecast. I like a bit of rain every now and then so you can watch people bin it a quarry corner (which a nice blue 350z did right on que ha ha). My only gripe is think I'm going to call it Subarufest next year as there were hundreds of the damn things all over the place ha ha.

Anyone know who had the accident in a white supra. I was made aware by people thinking it was me. White with kit trd wing black wheels.

Let me guess..... Pulling out on the way home by any chance?

It was a forum member, but they will post about it when they are good and ready I'm sure.

Everyone involved was fine, and apparently the damage is only cosmetic.

And no, it wasn't me either.

Yup. And too many civics lol! That field became a quagmire with cars becoming covered in churned up mud.. quite funny when its not your own..

My only gripe throughout the whole day, which is aimed at one individual was the moron with the white gt4 that decided to floor it, wheelspin and spray my car with gravel... I could have killed him! Lol

Reference our convoy, I apologise for the route, the usual turning for Castle Combe was closed due to the horse trials, hence the horrible little lane.

The turnout in the end was pretty poor for it too, going from 14 listed in the thread, to just 8. The only one who actually let me know they weren't bringing the Supra was Kev.O. The other 5 were just no shows :(

I DID turn up at Tiverton services!

and promptly broke down a few miles up the motorway!:(

Thanks to Twisted for stopping tho but not much could be done there and then.Thought they might have mentioned it so didn't text you.

Still dont know what the root cause is:banghead: #####d off!

Matt

I'm actually pretty glad I couldn't get onto the club stand as it was the worst possible place in the whole of the show. I parked in the normal car park and had no problems getting out and I needed to escape at 12.15 to watch the might Posh.

Why was it the worst place? It was prominenent, not too far from an exit, and not half as much mud.. though I felt a touch of slip rolling back onto the path. Thats all. It was better than gt4dc when I was with them a few years past right in the farthest corner

Reference our convoy, I apologise for the route, the usual turning for Castle Combe was closed due to the horse trials, hence the horrible little lane.

The turnout in the end was pretty poor for it too, going from 14 listed in the thread, to just 8. The only one who actually let me know they weren't bringing the Supra was Kev.O. The other 5 were just no shows :(

How it was "p**s poor" convoy I'm not sure. We all met at the services, and we all arrived at Combe together, which to me makes it a successful convoy in my opinion. The convoy did get split at one point, but when Nevins text me to let me know, we all got together again.

I don't know if it was the speed we were going that wasn't good enough for people, but I'm quite content with my clean licence (there were at least 3 unmarked cars on the M4 on the way by the way, and those were just the ones I clocked)

Anyway, I did my job getting everyone to Combe together, so that's good enough for me. I enjoyed seeing the Supras all together, hopefully I'm not the only one.

As for the Club Stand location, it was better than Quarry Corner imo. Much closer to the trade stands and it was a decent size.

The problem we did have, was that around 6 cars (a bunch of hondas and an MR2) stole some of our stand space at the far end. If they weren't there, everyone could have fitted in fine. Unfortunately, I didn't notice this until around 2pm.

I do however agree that the other side of the path would have been better.

I'll post my pictures and the like when I get home tomorrow night.

To be fair mate I was at the back the whole time so I could get some decent footage and I didn't have trouble sticking with you guys. I think there was a bit of a gap in the middle at some point and obviously once traffic increased but that was fully expected. Someone isn't going to let 8 cars through on a round about just because they are all the same car :) shame about numbers though

If you were happy with it, that's all that matters! I wouldn't have been happy trying to shoehorn my car onto a small patch of grass with cars and crowds travelling up and down within inches of the cars all day!

This.

I DID turn up at Tiverton services!

and promptly broke down a few miles up the motorway!:(

Thanks to Twisted for stopping tho but not much could be done there and then.Thought they might have mentioned it so didn't text you.

Still dont know what the root cause is:banghead: #####d off!

Matt

Yeah I mentioned it. Couldn't remember your club name though. Was it caused by that little bit of over taking fun we had just before the turn off? Your car sounds gorgeous by the way :)

Yeah I mentioned it. Couldn't remember your club name though. Was it caused by that little bit of over taking fun we had just before the turn off? Your car sounds gorgeous by the way :)

lol, no I was already down on power by that point, next time:jester:

Thanks again,

Matt

Riiiiight.... I'm not sure if we were all at the same show but my wife and I had a great day and are a little p*ssed at the negative comments, here's my bullet points to stop me going in to a rant;

- Weather: Get over it, it's England and it always rains. It rains at Glastonbury every year in the middle of summer but nobody complains. We enjoyed ourselves enough for the weather to not have made a negative impact

- Club spirit: make an effort, I knew nobody from the club before today and made the effort to talk to people. I didn't speak to everyone but those I managed to speak to were great to talk to and really friendly

- Stand size/location: Location was great but the size was a little small in my opinion. My car was blocked in too but I am not upset that people couldn't take photos of it, I didn't go for the attention it was to see the show and be part of the club and convoy. Lets be fair that not everyone has the same taste and may not want to look at our cars either. If someone blocks you in as space is limited and you think that you might leave early, ask for their number before they leave so you can call them and say you need to go

- Country/tight lanes: It is in the middle of nowhere and plan your own route then, we went down these too, I watched parry_10 bottom out so many times and he was still smiling - we were cringing. I had to do a 13 point turn in one of the lanes by the show as we were at the wrong gate, no problem there

- Mud: Get over it, it was raining.... I washed my Supra last night too

- Convoy: Wasn't in Listy's one but it sounds successful by his comments, ours I enjoyed but it could of done with the group waiting after the lights that only let 4 cars through each time before going down the country lanes

- Lui: Thank you for organising the convoy, it worked well but confused the hell out of us as you were in a BMW, how did you get on the stand!?!

OK I ranted, my only complaint about the show was there were too many Scoobies, like locusts and some of their drivers looked wierd :D

- Stand size/location: Location was great but the size was a little small in my opinion. My car was blocked in too but I am not upset that people couldn't take photos of it, I didn't go for the attention it was to see the show and be part of the club and convoy. Lets be fair that not everyone has the same taste and may not want to look at our cars either. If someone blocks you in as space is limited and you think that you might leave early, ask for their number before they leave so you can call them and say you need to go

I'll ask for his number telepathically then shall I? Had I been there when it arrived I'd have asked him how long he intended to be there and asked for his number. But I wasn't.

As previously mentioned, which you would have seen, if you'd read it properly, I was more concerned at the fact I couldn't move my car to open the doors wide enough to get my kids in the back and get them out of the rain. There was no other shelter for them. 1 of them is 8 months old. I moved over (reduced the gap between the cars) in order to allow more people to park with the thought "I can roll the car forwards to get them in and then roll it back". As it happens, despite the fact we'd done this, a car got dumped across mine for the entire day. Nobody that was on the stand knew who's the car was or how to contact them.

Oh. I know, I'll telepathically ask him to shift too shall I!?

Why was space limited? There were 5 cars missing from Listy's convoy. There were 5 honda's and an MR2 that it later emerged had taken our stand space. Yet we managed to accomodate 3 more Supra's, just by 4 or 5 of us bunching up slightly.

Who was in charge of Mkivsupra.net being at Japfest? Every other club I've had my car on a stand with has had someone telling cars where to park. We were lined up like we were parked in a bloody supermarket!

Glad I was the only one who encountered problems... :rolleyes: