The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scottish car show edinburgh 20th july

safcdixon

What's happened Matt, such a shame after all that effort you out in.

When the car was imported last August It was BPUd with one of the Whifbitz Perfomance packs by Jurgen at my request part of this is the spark plugs being changed for NGK Grade 7 Iridium plugs which ofcourse Jurgen carried out for me and he put new coil pack connectors on top bloke.

sooooooo..... as the car was only on the road from August to October I didnt bother changing the plugs this year as I thought Il leave them for 2 season intervals -6 months a set basically however as we all know Supras like to weap from the cam cover seals I spotted it on this car when I was stripping it and replaced them and they have since not weaped...

BUT.... I made the mistake of not checking the spark plugs or wells over winter before changing the seals and basically assumed all was well with the new plugs,what had actually happened is the old seals had weaped into the wells and drowned the rear 3 plugs so I have ordered a new full set of identical plugs they should be here tomorrow.

I have also stripped all the Sequential system down to check for leaks and ordered 3 new Toyota hoses that have been annoying me.

Seem as though its off road this week Im also going to do all 4 droplinks and another full service as im off for my yearly month in Cornwall in 3 weeks so this is taking priority over the the car show.....

On the plus side the BDC is here at Teeside autodrome this weekend so il just go see that :)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could well be mine shat its self on saturday, who's next! Is the question!

We will survive.....

If I can finish the car to my satisfaction by friday and convince Andrew we may still come but its not looking good its upto Toyota to hurry the hoses to me, the hoses I have ordered can only be fitted with the sequential system apart so its not practical to reassemble for the weekend to take apart again to fit the hoses next week.

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

When the car was imported last August It was BPUd with one of the Whifbitz Perfomance packs by Jurgen at my request part of this is the spark plugs being changed for NGK Grade 7 Iridium plugs which ofcourse Jurgen carried out for me and he put new coil pack connectors on top bloke.

sooooooo..... as the car was only on the road from August to October I didnt bother changing the plugs this year as I thought Il leave them for 2 season intervals -6 months a set basically however as we all know Supras like to weap from the cam cover seals I spotted it on this car when I was stripping it and replaced them and they have since not weaped...

BUT.... I made the mistake of not checking the spark plugs or wells over winter before changing the seals and basically assumed all was well with the new plugs,what had actually happened is the old seals had weaped into the wells and drowned the rear 3 plugs so I have ordered a new full set of identical plugs they should be here tomorrow.

I have also stripped all the Sequential system down to check for leaks and ordered 3 new Toyota hoses that have been annoying me.

Seem as though its off road this week Im also going to do all 4 droplinks and another full service as im off for my yearly month in Cornwall in 3 weeks so this is taking priority over the the car show.....

On the plus side the BDC is here at Teeside autodrome this weekend so il just go see that :)

Ahhh I see mate, don't worry about the show, car health comes first ;)

I'm gunna head up there about 1.00. I'm meeting Alex to pick up my TS bumper

You taking the supra and swapping it over up there Robby?

Im not certain what time il be heading up just yet, got things to do on saturday, so it depends what time those are sorted

Ok guys can we have a list please of who's meeting at 1.30pm gosforth services.

1) hodge

2) Bossco

3) Robby (in his little French number)

4)

5)

6)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok guys can we have a list please of who's meeting at 1.30pm gosforth services.

1) hodge

2) Bossco

4)

5)

6)

Ah screw it! This weekend is about cars not catching up with other folks. I'm in :)

1) hodge

2) Bossco

4) Stevo (in his zero boost number)

5)

6)

Where do you mean by Gosforth services though, cos there aren't any proper services at Gosforth? Do you mean Kingston Park where big tescos and that is?

Which route we taking?

Right guys, are you all staying at the Hilton? Marc and I are a few minutes away at the travelodge. We can meet up tomorrow evening?

Also, are you all taking your cars in on the Sunday morning rather than tomorrow early evening? Just as if no-one else is putting their car in tomorrow then I won't bother doing that either and will just park at the travelodge and we can convoy on Sunday morning. :)