The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many Supra's Left

bambisdad

There's a lady who owns one that lives a few hundred yards further down the road from me. I've left a club card under the wiper but to no avail. It's a white facelift with the OEM body kit and she advertises her art business on the back of it. Very rarely see it move, shame :(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving beyond the I've got one stage its a fairly simple statistical exercise.

There are 25mn vehicles in the UK with typically 500,000 on sale at any one time. So if 2% of stock is selling then taking ebay, piston heads, motor, here and autotrader there are around 60 Supras for sale. Using a scale up that would lead you to an estimate of 3,000 Supras in the UK; give or take a few hundred.

There are 25mn vehicles in the UK with typically 500,000 on sale at any one time. So if 2% of stock is selling then taking ebay, piston heads, motor, here and autotrader there are around 60 Supras for sale. Using a scale up that would lead you to an estimate of 3,000 Supras in the UK; give or take a few hundred.

I'll read that again when I'm sobre. Crikey

That maths is almost as good as mine on the first page lol ;)

Pretty good. That's probably as sensible an extrapolation as we're likely to get. The 2% might be baised towards cars that are traded frequently, but I appreciate it's an estimate and it feels like it gives a beliebable figure.

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

There are 25mn vehicles in the UK

Not even close, there will likely be over 35 million according to this: http://racfoundation.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/number-of-vehicles-in-uk-hits-new-high/

And it'll be worth mentioning that is licenced vehicles, not ones that are sorn, which will more than likely account for a small percentage of supras.

2%? Where do you get this figure from? That seems extremely high.

I wasn't including tractors, busses and tanks. that's the number of light vehicles. Though it does look like my 25mn should have been 28mn.

The 500,000 for sale s figure comes from the 350,000 in autotrader and working on roughly 50% of everywhere else; assuming an element of overlap. If you can be bothered to track down every source I think you'll find 3,000 Supras in the UK (SORN and on the road) will be in the right ballpark.