Single Turbo Supra v R34 GTR

Jamesy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R34 GTR's have great road presence and look menacing from whicever angle you look at it.

I have considered one in the past but the interior and engine has put me off slightly. I'm not saying the engines are weak but have seen some failures at around the 600hp mark.

If I could find space for another car (Supra will not be going anywhere), then I would go with one and stick an RB30 in it with a quick spooling single. Exterior wise, just some nice 19's with the V Spec kit is enough to make it a real head turner.

Love these cars and Nissan have done well with it.

The RB engine is fragile compared to the 2JZ, but pretty tough as engines go. They're VERY expensive to repair though! Most you see have already had rebuilds, many done on the cheap.

Like an RX7, if I were buying a Skyline, I'd look for one that's had a rebuild by a reputable company, and owned by a knowledgeable enthusiast.

Yeah looks great that one. High mileage though @ 127k and not much history on it from the trader

Yeah looks great that one. High mileage though @ 127k and not much history on it from the trader

Agreed - That's the only downfall. Which is a shame really because a lot of money has been spent by looking at the spec list. But not much history could potentially put a lot of buyers off. Still looks the part though :cool:

yeah i recall the same message - shame as looks wise its spot on - been for sale for MONTHS - and as we know the good R34 GTR's are usualyl only for sale a matter of weeks at the most :)

Its been up for about 3 years, It was for sale when I bought mine :blink:

How does it compare to your supra? What would you say is the better car?

Supra is cheaper to run, cheaper to maintain, cheaper to modify & more reliable.

The GTR is better at everything else. It also makes a (slightly) better noise, handles better & has useable rear seats. I also prefer the interior & the exterior looks of the R34 over the Supra.

My Supra is definitely faster than the R34 & I have the added bonus of not expecting to end up on the back up of a trailer every trip - The unreliability issues took a lot of the fun out of driving it/Owning it. My Supra is more powerful than the GTR though (GTR just had filters, downpipe & exhaust).

In terms of driving they are difficult to compare, The GTR is a lot more planted (Especially once you ditch the HICAS) but the Supra is more fun to drive - It reminds me a lot of my supercharged 350Z.

In an ideal world I'd have both, but the R34 is the one car that I absolutely need to own again at some point in my life - There won't be another Supra after this one :)

Supra is cheaper to run, cheaper to maintain, cheaper to modify & more reliable.

The GTR is better at everything else. It also makes a (slightly) better noise, handles better & has useable rear seats. I also prefer the interior & the exterior looks of the R34 over the Supra.

My Supra is definitely faster than the R34 & I have the added bonus of not expecting to end up on the back up of a trailer every trip - The unreliability issues took a lot of the fun out of driving it/Owning it. My Supra is more powerful than the GTR though (GTR just had filters, downpipe & exhaust).

In terms of driving they are difficult to compare, The GTR is a lot more planted (Especially once you ditch the HICAS) but the Supra is more fun to drive - It reminds me a lot of my supercharged 350Z.

In an ideal world I'd have both, but the R34 is the one car that I absolutely need to own again at some point in my life - There won't be another Supra after this one :)

The rb26 do sound amazing, I guess when you take price into account though stock tt manual supra £10k would get you a nice one or a stock r34 £25k big difference.