Single Turbo Supra v R34 GTR

Jamesy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R32 is nice an all, I love this video of my mate Mark, RX7 takes him out and the red mist sets in.

The car is a weapon, he took it to santapod a few weeks back and did a 9.4 in full track spec.

That skyline is an animal:blink: wouldn`t mind a go in that, he`s lapping approx 5 seconds quicker than our fast laps from the last trackday, what race series is that? don`t seem fair having all that power compared to some of the other cars.

That skyline is an animal:blink: wouldn`t mind a go in that, he`s lapping approx 5 seconds quicker than our fast laps from the last trackday, what race series is that? don`t seem fair having all that power compared to some of the other cars.

Mark races in the Thunder saloons, that's on regular v-power an all, he is giving the car a makeover at the min, should be quicker next year, he has promised me a ride in it, not sure I want to though tbh.

Mark races in the Thunder saloons, that's on regular v-power an all, he is giving the car a makeover at the min, should be quicker next year, he has promised me a ride in it, not sure I want to though tbh.

Ah right cool, i think thats what steve L was doing a couple of years ago?, if you`re like me nervous passenger i`d prolly sh!te meself lol.

Oh Jamesy, stop saying these thinks you'll make me start looking at these cars again, I believe it was slutters who had an R34 GTR and prefer the supra due to the build quality ad a few other things, and as Jamie said the RB26 engine does seem to love to rev 8k for a stock straight 6 is amazing I think :D I agree an R34GTR would be the one I'd want but I'm not sure if I'd be able to afford one so would be quite happy with a r32 or r33 :D

I love the looks of the R34, and some models are worth a premium, especially the V-Spec II NUR models with the gold N1 engines (or the £100k plus Z-Tune). However, the R32 is the best drive of all the regular GTRs IMO, and it's not worth paying a premium for a regular R34 GTR over equivalent R32 and R33 models.

As much as I'd love an RB26 engined GTR, I can't imagine I ever will. The Supra is better looking, MUCH tougher (though the R34 uses the Supras GETRAG gearbox), and is generally much cheaper to maintain. Even NSXs are cheaper to run than GTRs, they also hold their values better, and are far more exotic IMO.

The outstanding thing about the R32, R33 and R34 is that engine though, RB26s are the finest sounding 6 cylinder Turbo engines around.

R34 is an absolute beaut if its modded correctly, i would still have mine but the parts price for modifying was ridiculous, a jun oil pump i think was about 1100 / 1200 euros lol

R34 will always keep its value, some R35's are even in around the asking price of some 34's

If you are getting any out of the 3 then i would 100% go with the 34 :)

Has anyone owned a single supra and an r34 GTR? How do they compare?

The R34's seem to be really holding their value at the moment. Some styling i dont like on some of the modified ones but when you see one done just right i think it's the only car i'd want next along with maybe a 911 turbo.

I hear you need to be careful of going +600hp unless you have a built engine.

What's this, what's going on J; you going to the other side, ummmmmm!

Intresting Thread,

Iv always liked the R34s thanks to the fast and the furious but i have to say i wouldnt buy one over an R35

Iv currently got a 2009 subaru impreza sti 330s runing 360 brake on a fully forged cosworth lump and with its 4x4 set up it happily skips passed the likes of most other 500hp+ cars on the track with no issues.

having the supra as my drag car i love but i will always miss the time of having it in its true BPU form with stock interior next to my then girlfriends r33 GTS, no comparison in my mind the supra was lovely and agreed about the build quality the supra has always been superior

Iv always liked the R34s thanks to the fast and the furious but i have to say i wouldnt buy one over an R35

See i'm the opposite - i would go for the R34 everyday... unless i had money to buy a decent R35 and then another £80,000 pocket money to modify it :)

My Friend has an

V-Spec II NUR Ztune kitted T04Z and HKS V -Cam Pro R34 ,

R32 GTR with HKS V -Cam Pro

R33 GTR

He likes Skylines!

My other friend has an R33 GTS-T, a third friend has an R33 GTR Vspec

Compared to the Supra, as stunning as the cars are ; what lets them down is the build quality, the quality of metal used is not the best and prone to rust, out of my three friends they all had their engines rebuilt and every second month something goes, all friends have various issues with the cars today, suspension to Cam sensors, fuel pumps etc

The R34 Vspec II Nur TO4Z was has gone through 4 or 5 blocks now :( I have lost count

I have the Supra over 7 years and only two things have gone; Crown and pinion Bearing in the diff casing and an after market Radiator leak last month, she is on 150,000 KM.

A Skyline just seems to be one issue after another, I have yet to come across anybody in Ireland who has not had their Skyline rebuilt since it was imported, unless it is just a trailer queen :)

I would like to own an R32 one day, you need to have deep pockets!

I was fairly disappointed in the R34 and its 700hp, my BPU Supra gives you more of a thump in the back ; the R34 gets there faster but not as brutal. She just seems to glide up to speed, very refined

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Thanks for the info mate

We're definitely spoilt with the high spec supra's reliability for sure.

Stunning cars! But in saying that my other friend had a 650 hp R33 GTR built by river-tec racing in Japan and he had no issues at all in 3 years of ownership but he rarely

drove it. But I think she is still going strong in Moldavia or all places it went to.

Not too sure what it is with Skylines and Ireland, I think i am the only one that saw the first Fast Furious down south LOL

Reliability, build quality and $$$ for aftermarket parts is what puts me off; though I wouldn't say no to the Rocky Auto C110 Skyline ;)