Lee P

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The CEA turbos make awesome power

We have already had this car on the dyno at SRR for some mapping but there was way too much low down torque and it was just spinning the wheels

Ryan controlled the boost so it came in progressively and we got some good runs for the initial testing.

Considering the near stock sounding exhaust which we knew would be a restriction at this stage the car still did 650hp

I will post up the graphs

Its will be on a hub dyno soon for the next mapping stage.

Was was the boost Ryan set it up for the 650 run?

Was was the boost Ryan set it up for the 650 run?

Not sure to be honest will post up the graph tomorriw.

Very nice workmanship but will that allow the car to pass a German MOT? I’m not sure myself, just asking.

The mot laws are similar to ours so as usual the cat will be the only issue.

The mot laws are similar to ours so as usual the cat will be the only issue.

On older cars, the most critical part will be emission (I speak for Germany and Luxembourg, as we do a proper copy/paste of german MOT regulations over here). Plus, if your car came stock with cats, you will need them for MOT.

Ryan can setup one MOT calibration on the Syvecs. He did so on mine, and the emission tests were spot on.

I have the OEM cats custom welded to fit on my turbo (with V-band). Everything is in line with the MOT rules like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the dyno graph from the last mapping session

We had to take it to Abbey's hub dyno to as it had no traction at SRR

807hp @ hubs

692ftlbs

This was at 2bar of boost with a 50% mix of ethanol

We took it to 1.7 bar on pump fuel and the 2 graphs are overlaid.

654hp @ hubs 1.7 bar pump

590ftlbs

We have an exhaust bypass valve which starts to open around 1.2bar of boost.

Very happy with the results :)

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Don't forget its a log manifold

Thats why the ethonal is really needed for big power, it helps with the heat.

Holy moly. WOW.

That's impressive. What wast the power on pump fuel?

P.s. Disregard. Just saw 650 rhhp.on pump fuel. That's less than I expected.

Ah OK.

I expect 850+rhhp of the 6766 1.15 AR on pump fuel with my setup.

Yeah log manifold is very restrictive, that's what makes it such a great result.

What we have though is massive torque and a lot of it low down which is the benifit.

Makes it very nice to drive but needs wider wheels lol..

Also this is with a very quiet exhaust.

This car is as close to stock to drive as ive ever been in.

Exhaust is very quiet, engine is smooth no lumpy idle.

It feels stock but with massive power and torque.

Got to be one of the best cars we have ever done

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Yeah log manifold is very restrictive, that's what makes it such a great result.

What we have though is massive torque and a lot of it low down which is the benifit.

Makes it very nice to drive but needs wider wheels lol..

Also this is with a very quiet exhaust.

This car is as close to stock to drive as ive ever been in.

Exhaust is very quiet, engine is smooth no lumpy idle.

It feels stock but with massive power and torque.

Got to be one of the best cars we have ever done

:respekt:

Another great SRD project ;)

Kim is using a clutchmasters clutch from the US along with the rest of the kit. It's supposed to be good for 800 hp and drive like stock. I can't wait for this beast to become home to Germany to smash on some Porches Lambos and Ferraris on the Autobahn. Kim and I got some nice HD cameras for videos.

Edited by GMan (see edit history)

Kim is using a clutchmasters clutch I helped him bring over from the US with the rest of the kit. It's supposed to be good for 800 hp and drive like stock. I can't wait for this beast to become home to Germany to smash on some Porches Lambos and Ferraris on the Autobahn. Kim and I got some nice HD cameras for videos.

Out of curiosity, would Porches Lambos , BMW's, AMG's on the Autobahn be running mainly stock setups or do they get tuning houses like RennTech? a big tuning scene in the German Domestic cars? Regulations in Germany a nightmare to modify the engine outside OEM?

Out of curiosity, would Porches Lambos , BMW's, AMG's on the Autobahn be running mainly stock setups or do they get tuning houses like RennTech? a big tuning scene in the German Domestic cars? Regulations in Germany a nightmare to modify the engine outside OEM?

The absoute majority >95% are stock. In Germany getting mods done to a car can cost an additional 100% or more to get legal and some can make a car unregisterable. Doubtless there are a few monsters out there but I could count on one hand the number of times my 450ish hp R33 skyline got bested from 2005-2009. Lambo Gallardo was one and not really by much. Kim shouldn't have many issues

Edited by GMan (see edit history)

The absoute majority >95% are stock. In Germany getting mods done to a car can cost an additional 100% or more to get legal and some can make a car unregisterable. Doubtless there are a few monsters out there but I could count on one hand the number of ti mes my experianold 450ish hp R33 skyline got bested from 2005-2009 Lambo Gallardo was one and not really by much. Kim shouldn't have many issues

Was just trying to gauge if this would be considered a fast car over there :) so looks like it will be!

Next Q is how will Kim get through a TUV inspection (If that is what it is called over there?) , can the police stop you and take the car off you if it is modified?

I presume this is why Kim has gone to the lengths he has to hide everything and make it look OEM, is it just take a chance he doesn't get caught?

I remember reading in Denmark (I think it is) if the police see any modifications on your car they can take the car and for you to get your car back on the road, you need to prove it is as per OEM specification

Over in Ireland , it is like the wild west; do what every you want , once it passes emissions, tyre thread and is roadworthy (Suspension, brakes work to a certain level) you are good to go :)