The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kim's SRD Billet 6766 Torque Monster Build

Lee P

Kim won't have ennemies on the road ... no natural nor modifier ones :D

The German regulations are quite severe in terms of MOT/TUV. We in Luxembourg have similar ones, but not all of them. Luckily for me, the MOT guys over here don't require a complete emission test like in Germany.

I probably couldn't register my Supra in Germany with the current setup.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was just trying to gauge if this would be considered a fast car over there :) so looks like it will be!

Next Q is how will Kim get through a TUV inspection (If that is what it is called over there?) , can the police stop you and take the car off you if it is modified?

I presume this is why Kim has gone to the lengths he has to hide everything and make it look OEM, is it just take a chance he doesn't get caught?

I remember reading in Denmark (I think it is) if the police see any modifications on your car they can take the car and for you to get your car back on the road, you need to prove it is as per OEM specification

Over in Ireland , it is like the wild west; do what every you want , once it passes emissions, tyre thread and is roadworthy (Suspension, brakes work to a certain level) you are good to go :)

Kim has several things going for him in regards to TUV

1) The average TUV guy is overworked, underpaid, and problably has never seen a supra before, Supras are incredibly rare in Germany because they were only sold from late 93 to 96 and the cost 100k DM or about 50K in current Euro put it in Mercedes and Porche territory.Germans are terrible badge snobs and most wouldn't buy a "Mere" Toyota over a Porche, Merc or BMW even though in 93 the Supra would crush just about anything they made. Sales were abysmal and I can't find reliable numbers but Most German Supra lovers and experts beleive that the number of "G-Specs" sold may have not even reached 4 digits.

Back to the TUV guys, when we registered my girlfriends J-spec here he tried to fail us becuase there was no Grill in the front opening:blink: I had to prove that no supra in the world ever had a grill, so most german TUV guys know Fu** all about what is stock or not so emmisions is the key.

2) German Tunners love chrome and shiny bits and fancy engine bay paint and want everybody to see how much money and how much custom work is on thier cars. So thats what TUV and Polizei are on the look out for. The First things to get you noticed is a wild bodykit or loud exhaust which of Kim also has neither.

3) Just like any other motor vehicle department they are swamped with people every day! My GF and I waited over 3 hours just to get plates. Tuv will not go looking under engine covers that look stock and are flat black:sly:

Honestly the only thing that might give Kim issues is the exhaust cutout, and we will be replacing the mid pipe for inspection day every 2 years.

Edited by GMan (see edit history)

Thanks for the explanation :) interesting read

TUV centers sound like the NCT centers here in Ireland

Irish are badge snobs and registered year too, a BMW is the icon for your success here!

Its funny, a 2006 BMW M3 is looked upon as less of a car than a 2014 KIA due to the year

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Kim and I will be comming to pick her up on Sunday the 16th. The drive home will be epic I will be arriving a day early to pick up my new lexus, Lee do you have any of your metal undertrays in stock, I'd like to bring one back with me. Also if you woldn't mind could I have the shop address to meet you guys on Saturday for a beer? I'm convinced now about the quality of your work and want to confer with you before I start ordering parts ;) Can't wait to see a thread like this about mne.

• 3 months later...