The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you calculate how much HP a turbo will add?

calebharry

Guys... I havent been in a car that has over 500hp, fastest was a Impreza at a guess around 450hp? Well, i sat in a Gallardo once but not driving in it...

I dont care if this is going to be ridiculous, thats the point... I want my Supra to be Fast, Loud, Pretty, and Ridiculous!

How fast was the static Gallardo? Oh and 1 out of 4 ain't bad..!!

Seriously, you need to have a wank and calm down.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How fast was the static Gallardo? Oh and 1 out of 4 ain't bad..!!

Seriously, you need to have a wank and calm down.

I am calm? Im in food tech right now so the wank will have to wait untill i get home...

Will i have to ask this on the US Supraforums or will someone give me an answer? A REAL answer...

I am calm? Im in food tech right now so the wank will have to wait untill i get home...

Will i have to ask this on the US Supraforums or will someone give me an answer? A REAL answer...

Nothing like "food prep" in the Uk then. Everyone get's "Chef's special sauce" whether they like it or not.!!

You'll end up getting the same responses in the US forums. The only difference is it'll take them longer to catch on.

Sorry, i dont get it, where do i add this 18%...

2 x 935hp = 1870... But he only makes 1577...

2 x 735hp = 1470... So im guessing 1270? would that be right?

Correct.

Again it depends if the injectors in the fuel pump can handle what bar boost you are running through the turbo's. So many variables like the ECU outputs against the input shaft & what gearing you have setup will have a huge effect on what the turbo can produce power wise. Any additional heat in the engine bay could potential cause huge issues with the geo and can throw you off especially if you are running an after market diff. Adding a short shifter would bring in some ponies to compensate for the lack of a heat blanket in the engine bay, heat soak could make you either lose huge amounts of power or loss again this would depend on the tyre setup.

Correct.

Again it depends if the injectors in the fuel pump can handle what bar boost you are running through the turbo's. So many variables like the ECU outputs against the input shaft & what gearing you have setup will have a huge effect on what the turbo can produce power wise. Any additional heat in the engine bay could potential cause huge issues with the geo and can throw you off especially if you are running an after market diff. Adding a short shifter would bring in some ponies to compensate for the lack of a heat blanket in the engine bay, heat soak could make you either lose huge amounts of power or loss again this would depend on the tyre setup.

While I agree with most of that, I do have to pick you up on the short shifter, you know it adding power is really just marketing hype, it actually *technically* removes power (I've a graph somewhere). It's called a short shifter because of the bore stroke length shortening effect it has. Yes you get more revs per gear, but at the expense of top end.

While I agree with most of that, I do have to pick you up on the short shifter, you know it adding power is really just marketing hype, it actually *technically* removes power (I've a graph somewhere). It's called a short shifter because of the bore stroke length shortening effect it has. Yes you get more revs per gear, but at the expense of top end.

Ah my bad, maybe the OP can contact Titan to find out which short shifter to use on the turbo setup his going to go on as obviously the short shifter will limit how much boost he can push through the hubs.

What's a short shifter? I always knew it as a gear stick that had a shorter throw?

^ Same, thought it was like making the throw of the shifter shorter, so it is quicker to shift, and makes you not need to move your arm as much... But it would make it slightly more difficult to shift? Like, it would be stifer right?

From my point of view it looks like the Supra has a really short shifter anyway, aftermarket or not...

Swag.jpg

^ Same, thought it was like making the throw of the shifter shorter, so it is quicker to shift, and makes you not need to move your arm as much... But it would make it slightly more difficult to shift? Like, it would be stifer right?

From my point of view it looks like the Supra has a really short shifter anyway, aftermarket or not...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]176385[/ATTACH]

Yeah but sometimes the short shift limits how much boost you can run through the tyres. Too short a shift & it could cause the gearbox to lose power on the axle manifold causing the ECU to trip and cut the 1500bhp.