The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you calculate how much HP a turbo will add?

calebharry

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys... I havent been in a car that has over 500hp, fastest was a Impreza at a guess around 450hp? Well, i sat in a Gallardo once but not driving in it...

I dont care if this is going to be ridiculous, thats the point... I want my Supra to be Fast, Loud, Pretty, and Ridiculous!

In that case, why are you going for 1200hp? Why not 2000hp? Or 700hp? If I bought or built a 1200hp car, I'm not sure I'd have the driving skill to be able to drive it properly. I'd probably have a car that's too powerful for me, with a super-heavy clutch that feels like I'm trying to push a concrete block along a road with my foot, and with servicing bills that would make me cry into my beer. All for being able to say I've got a 1200hp car.

Now, buying/building a car for bragging rights (telling people you've got an x hp car) is a valid reason to do it, and I won't dismiss it completely (others on here probably build/buy cars for similar reasons), we don't all want to be Captain Sensible. But, if bragging rights is the only reason for that number, you'll tend to get bored of it quickly, and you're susceptible to people telling you what you want to hear when they're selling you stuff. If I sold you a really quick car (not 1200hp quick), could you tell if it had half of the horsepower I claimed it had? As you should know by now, you can't just lift the bonnet and read a sticker on the turbo which says, "this turbo generates enough pressure for 1200hp".

I'm not having a go, I'm just trying to help you make informed decisions.

I dont care if this is going to be ridiculous, thats the point... I want my Supra to be Fast, Loud, Pretty, and Ridiculous!

Dude chillout!

You can have a fast,loud,pretty, and ridiculous supra with half the power you want! Take some advice from someone who's around your age. I used to think having a 1000bhp loud fast car was cool, But you cant use that power daily. Even putting 600bhp to the floor is a challenge, a BPU supra can be a handful at times. And being lucky enough to have a dad who owns a 600bhp supra, I can tell you its even more of a handful!

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

I'm 19!!!

:D

And a dick :D

Your earlier point was right, it is just not a day to day thing you would need or get as much enjoyment from if you are not going to use it to it's full potential, insurance would be retarded not that you would get insurance, even a NA would cost a bomb to insure add to the fact that maybe you might be a bad drier too.

I can send the op some links to adult sites as frankly at 15 I would of killed to have unlimited access to them over dreaming about spending cash I don't have or might never own. If I had the internet at 15 my hand would of looked like this from cramp image

Guys, ive been talking to someone from Titanmotorsports about my possible future build and he sais that Greddy turbos are laggy and very outdated, and recommends that i use Precision or Garrett turbos, he has a 1577WHP Mk3 with a 2JZ and he uses Precision so that looks good, ill use precision... One problem...

He said that i CAN NOT use pump gas, in NZ we have 91, 95, or 98... He sais i need to use race fuel... I am 95% sure that if i used Race gas my car would not be street legal, and the fact that you cant get Race fuel here is annoying too...

What do i do now? Can i use Pump gas? Most is 98 Octane here :/

Guys, ive been talking to someone from Titanmotorsports about my possible future build and he sais that Greddy turbos are laggy and very outdated, and recommends that i use Precision or Garrett turbos, he has a 1577WHP Mk3 with a 2JZ and he uses Precision so that looks good, ill use precision... One problem...

He said that i CAN NOT use pump gas, in NZ we have 91, 95, or 98... He sais i need to use race fuel... I am 95% sure that if i used Race gas my car would not be street legal, and the fact that you cant get Race fuel here is annoying too...

He's spot on with the turbos - Precision and Garrett make some of the best turbo's, They have a great selection.

You will make more power on Race fuel, But you can run on 98ron fuel! :)

Did you tell the guy you were 14?! :D

And imagine if his calling that old technology now what his going to call it in 10 years?

I wouldn't worry about it. Fossil fuels will be outlawed by then. All cars will need to run solely on hopes and dreams.

Fortunately that should equate to around 2000hp in your case :)

:rlol:

HHAHHAHHAHAAA WOW THAT WAS SO FUNNY!

The dude from TMS Runs a 2JZ with twin Precision 6766's, and makes 1577BHP...

The 6766's are rated for 935HP ^ but the 6266's are rated for 735... How much powar?

18% more give or take depending on transmission loss between the manifold & injector setups on the fuel pump... give or take that much.

18% more give or take depending on transmission loss between the manifold & injector setups on the fuel pump... give or take that much.

Sorry, i dont get it, where do i add this 18%...

2 x 935hp = 1870... But he only makes 1577...

2 x 735hp = 1470... So im guessing 1270? would that be right?