The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance issues.

Purity14

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They refuse to insure me because they don't do "Up North" as they said to me on the phone some time ago.

I'd like to find whoever said the above to you and throw them out of an upstairs window. It's a ridiculous statement to make by someone in my company, as has been backed up by some members posting (thanks btw).

Some of our North West postcode restrictions were recently relaxed, no guarantees but it's worth 5 minutes of your time running through a quotation with us.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)

A-Plan got back to me with £800 or there abouts - which is the cheapest price yet, but it mirrors my no claims from my other car.

They said they couldn't get it on a classic policy due to my being too young (29), and that the car is only 17 years old, so it isn't eligible for there scheme.

Obviously they are talking nonsense - because ill insure it for half that when I find the right place.

I'd like to find whoever said the above to you and throw them out of an upstairs window. It's a ridiculous statement to make by someone in my company, as has been backed up by some members posting (thanks btw).

Some of our North West postcode restrictions were recently relaxed, no guarantees but it's worth 5 minutes of your time running through a quotation with us.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552

Thanks Ollie,

That was said to me when I first bought my first NA in 2008, so I expect it has already happened by now :D

My postcode isn't great, but I will ring up again and just ask about the postcode.

We had a murder about 200yards away not so long ago, i wonder if that makes my insurance go from £270 to £800.

Kin ell £700 to insure an NA :blink:

Whats worse is that some other insurers say "You need to be 30 for us to insure you on those type of cars"

What does that mean? "Those types of car?" - Maybe it means a 17 Year old lardy rust bucket, that by now probably has the same horse power than tiny french hatchbacks are putting out as standard?

When I have two Motorbikes sat in the Garage that are both faster, more dangerous, and easier to steal than an N/A Supra, it doesn't make sense.

I will find someone cheaper, but admittedly sky are currently the cheapest, how depressing.

I haven't looked at every post but if its not been mentioned try Adrian Flux. I'm 28 and insured mine under classic insurance a few months back for £250 ish. I had to beat them down in price though, big time :p

That's an awesome price. The Supra qualifies as a classic now? I might have a try at that next year.

I was with LV for 10 years but let the insurance lapse for 1 year while I was unemployed, on a promise from LV that they would carry on my my NCB if I renewed with them.

1 Year later they refused to re-insure me stating they did not insure Supras. One tele-handler told me they had never insured japanese imports ever, and still seemed sceptical when faced with their own records of my last 10 years.

They even had the gall to ask why I was leaving them after being so loyal.

Awesome! Who did you go with in the end?!

I rang Footman James back actually, who said No again, because I wasn't 30, and that I'm not an existing customer.

But then I explained that I also have a bike insured with them on a classic policy that is actually the same age (1996) - surely this means I'm an existing customer? along with the fact I'm 29, and ill be spending 6 months of the policy being 30 anyway.

They put me on hold for a while and then said "Okay, no problem."

Result.