The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance issues.

Purity14

No one will insure me.

I have been insured on my supra before, and a supra before that.

Currently I'm driving a 96 NA Manual, For the sake of argument, no modifications. (I only tell them after I have had their initial price, so I can see the increase if any)

Lynbrook - I was with them for 2 years. Paid £270 ish pounds per year.

Footman James - I was with them for 1 year, paid £390 per year.

I was 26 27 and 28 years old during the years mentioned.

Same car, same address, same circumstances - the above companies that have previously insured me, refuse to insure me again, because I am 29. The minimum age for classic insurance has now increased to 30 for these companies.

What a ballache!

I'm waiting on A-Plan to get back to me, but it doesn't sound promising - I heard that CCI was good, but now they have stopped as well!

Where is the current holy grail for cheap classic Supra insurance that requires no NCB?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynbrook - Refuse to quote unless I'm 30.

LWIB - Refuse to quote unless I'm 30, I told them I was 29, and jokingly said ill wait till next year, but then also said that some underwriters were looking at a minimum age of 35!

CCI - They said no.

Elephant - Saw that name on here, £850 (If I use my 8yrNCB on the Supra and give up my daily)

Aplan - Havent got back to me yet, its been 5 hours, i think they have given up.

Strange - going from £270 / £400 to literally being unable to quote because I'm such a high risk in the space of 13 months, its crazy.

Lynbrook - Refuse to quote unless I'm 30.

LWIB - Refuse to quote unless I'm 30, I told them I was 29, and jokingly said ill wait till next year, but then also said that some underwriters were looking at a minimum age of 35!

CCI - They said no.

Elephant - Saw that name on here, £850 (If I use my 8yrNCB on the Supra and give up my daily)

Aplan - Havent got back to me yet, its been 5 hours, i think they have given up.

Strange - going from £270 / £400 to literally being unable to quote because I'm such a high risk in the space of 13 months, its crazy.

I got Admiral (same company as Elephant) to mirror my no claims when I went from 1 car to 2 (the supra and a daily). So I had the same NCD on both, I argued I couldn't drive both at once so saw no reason i couldn't use my NCD on both. The person quoting me agreed eventually !!! Have you tried Sky Insurance ?

They don't do up north :think: I'm insured through them..

They don't insure certain postcodes namely anywhere in liverpool, alot of manchester and birmingham due to fact if you stop at a set of traffic lights all that will be left is your seat and the steering wheel in your hands :D

They don't insure certain postcodes namely anywhere in liverpool, alot of manchester and birmingham due to fact if you stop at a set of traffic lights all that will be left is your seat and the steering wheel in your hands :D

Post Codeist!! :D

Insurance is one of the most stupidest things we have in place, I am surprised how they came to that conclusion that once you have hit 30 from 29 driving the same type of car you have for a while you become a good driver suddenly. Also makes me laugh when you can live in one street but if you move into the street next door your insurance can go up by as much as 30%!! We should have a deal where if you don't have an accident or claim you get £5k back after say 12 years.

Edited by Abz (see edit history)

Don't even get me started on London !! :p

We get raped here, even if the crime and accident rate is low they seem to base the prices on the local houses!!

In the 15 years I have lived here I think I have only seen one or two accidents and even then it was a little bump.

Same.

You'll have to ask them to explain how they insure my TT BPU

Just tried Adrian Flux, and they are still horrible to deal with.

"Is it the 1996 Model?"

"Yes"

"Is it Manual 3.0 Litre?

"Yes"

"Has your car Imported, Modified, or Adapted for a Disability?"

"yes"

"All three?"

"No."

"Well which ones then?"

"..."

Ill ring back and try another person at Graham Sykes.