Cracks in brake disks - Safe to use?

Pig

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get some course wet n dry flatting paper, hold it onto a flat surface then hold the pad face down

and rub back and forth till the pad face is free of any grooves etc and they'll be fine on new discs

Thanks, I will do that.

Todays work - Ordered full set of slotted disks from Clark Motorsport

Tonights work - Remove all existing disks. None have even got a lip yet and the rears are like new...bar heat spots and a crack on one of the rears. Maybe just not built to stand up to serious abuse.

I have seen discs warp, rust, but haven't seen cracked discs before myself. Any chance you could return to manufacturer for quality testing / warranty claim (depending on who the manufacturer is and time that has elapsed since purchase).

There is an article by stoptech I think that says basically it is impossible to warp a disc, any undulation in trhe pedal is down to pad material on the disc.

Maybe get the old discs back to the manufacturers? They might be interested in them.

They are a few years old from a 3G group buy. Not going to event consider contacting them for hope of money back and not got the time to send it back to them for their info.

Too lazy :)

Dicks arrived and fitted. Tonight I will fit wheels and test. Quick service for the supplier. Fingers crossed the new disks will last.

Not the temperature guide paint. There are 3 colours that change colour at different temp levels.

Edited by Pig (see edit history)

Do not drive with foot on break with burn outs lol

Urrrr, what about racing and showing off.

This is ridiculous. How could you not tell me this before! If I had of known I would have put the car up for sale instead ;)

Cheers, will do as suggested - easy in this weather as the fun is clearly had at WOT rather than trying to stop.

Urrrr, what about racing and showing off.

This is ridiculous. How could you not tell me this before! If I had of known I would have put the car up for sale instead ;)

Cheers, will do as suggested - easy in this weather as the fun is clearly had at WOT rather than trying to stop.

I hope I get to enjoy my car before the hot weather ends!

Btw those old discs look BAD! Glad you got it sorted before trying to brake and nothing happening!