The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rob_SRi Black Supra restoration/build

rob_sri

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks :) got some awesome plans for the rusty old bootlid! Gotta save up probably get it sorted next month.

Can't wait to get my dash bits back too, they were a bit scummy before and have gone away for some paint - think that will make a big difference to the interior!

Polished up the plastic clocks with some of this stuff... Gotta say its really good!

They were a bit scratched and had something splattered over them before... Would of got before pics but my phone died :(

Still.. After..

Carpet is coming out today which should be good even if its just for a clean as its pretty bad but I am going to be having a go at dying it too whilst its out.. See how much mess I can create before I get kicked out my own house!

Yeah there are loads of things to do and It's all about the little things really :)

Stripped...

The before:

Carpets were as expected.. filthy...

Sprayed up with copious amounts of carpet cleaner..

Bit of washing with the old jet wash..!

Yeah I followed your advice with that one and did just that.. Got the marigolds out!!

Cleaned it a few times let it dry then done 3 coats of dye letting it dry inbetween rounds and I'm really happy with the outcome.. I need to order myself some new floormats now to keep with the new look!

Will refit tomorrow and then I should have my dash panels back soon painted in my favourite paint code :D

Lovely job dude, nice and deep black carpet! What's next?

floormats :p!

I have some brake shoes to fit at the weekend and hopefully I should have my interior parts back from the paint shop soon!

going to save up this month so that next month I can sort my boot out with some goodies and maybe a new spoiler...

new seats are needed too..!

Update of the century....

Hold your breath..

New 'premium' car mats

All about the little things eh!

New handbrake shoes and spring kit fitted today to go with the new discs and pads etc..

Should be getting my new plates and interior bits back from the paint shop today too I hope

Looking nice and classy dude. I saw a black recaro on driftworks with red stitching, looked to be in good nick, only £170ish, maybe worth a look dude.

ahh just had a look at that.. looks nice! good spot! shame im after a pair though! keep your eyes peeled :D!

- - - Updated - - -

I like this project. Top work well done

thanks mate :) im really enjoying it so far!

Sometimes it's better that way to build it yourself and you know what's been done..! I'm just assuming everything is shit unless otherwise inspected & replaced lol!

Small update:

New plates :) :)

Dash panels finished in Renault sport black gold - little tribute to my old car and my favourite paint code..!

Cheers :) can't wait to get it all fitted in tonight :)

nice colour choice on the dash mate. I am going to tear my wrap off and spray them instead.

Are those plates illegal? They do look good ;-)

Errrrrmmmmmmm..... *hides*

Maybe..

Who's asking..?

They aren't legal plates as such.. Legal font, size, construction, spacing, reflective backing, bsau codes are there etc just doesn't have the plate makers postcode on them..