Be Careful Non Member emailing everyone on the Wanted Section

DodgyRog

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Nic, can't do much with the e-mail address, need an actual e-mail as it will then contain header information which I go through.

Hi Abz, I have emails from the scammer who tried it on with me on Driftworks, if you want copies let me know.

I would do...but I've just come back from a film, pizza and beer night with Mrs Lbm and our lovely neighbours.

I fear I'd end up hitting the wrong button and I'd proposition them instead. Now that would get ugly.

I would do...but I've just come back from a film, pizza and beer night with Mrs Lbm and our lovely neighbours.

I fear I'd end up hitting the wrong button and I'd proposition them instead. Now that would get ugly.

Come on Rob. If I were a mod........etc etc.

Other things to be aware of are vague answers to questions and the seller location outside of the UK, in my case they said they were in Ireland.

Well thats not entirely fair or, for that matter, smart Nic, when was the last time you traded under the protection of the Union Jack?

Its enough of a headache moving stuff internationally in order to keep the car's performance progressing without someone recommending the likes of me should be treated with suspicion because of my location.

What choice does someone like me have? I mean its not like I'm in a country noted

for its appreciation & tolerance of high powered sports cars.

And this isn't some pathetic patriotic retaliation because Ireland happened to be mentioned, please credit me with a tad more upstairs than that. The same applies for anyone in any other country that happens to use this predominantly British forum as their main gettin' place for all things Supra.

And without intending to cause offence or start world war three the facts are I, for one, don't think you'd have been quite so understanding, despite the circumstances, if it had been me with several hundred pounds of your money in my possession for nine months before your requested parts materialised.

And the only person to ever try & pull a fast one on me happened to be from Durham.

With the greatest of respect,

Damien.

Well thats not entirely fair or, for that matter, smart Nic

Hi Damien, in no way did I intend or consider what I wrote would cause offense/controversy, I'm sorry if that's how it came across.

Just to explain, I was in discussion with the Driftworks scammer about buying a set of wheel. Due to the weight/postage cost of the wheels, I asked the scammer where he was, saying I could come and view/collect the wheels, it was then that he said he was not in mainland UK. That seemed completely normal and believable to me, so we agreed upon a delivered price.

It was only later when it came to the payment for the wheels that the penny started to drop. First his pay pal account was 'dormant' and could I send payment as a 'money gram', this is when I start to get very suspicious so I asked if there was an alternative PP account I could send money to, he said yes but it had to be sent as a gift, it was then I knew it was definitely a scam.

It was only when I looked back at the correspondence with the scammer and wrote a warning post on Diiftworks that I realised he'd not given me a mainland location so that I couldn't come to view the wheels, which would have blown his scam. The scammer could be anywhere in the world.

Again, what I wrote was never meant to cause offense, I will edit my post to remove the reference.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I had this problem with my tailgate struts wanted thread, but their was a warning at the top of the message from this site that he was not a fully paid member , which was very helpful, so I chose to ignore, and got a much better deal anyway from Matt p, cheers Matt.

Well fellas I guess I'll be the first to say that I fell into the hole via my UR cam gears wanted thread. This guy answered and due to him being on the forum I failed to question much. Took me for 350 USD, I have a friend in the Indiana State Patrol who is lookinn into this guy right now. I will keep everyone posted. I hope they beat the hell out of him. My bank is paying my money back though which is great. I got dooped, but it wont happen again. If anyone wants this guys full info just visit my Cam gears wanted thread and it's all there. I'm sure that there are a couple of upset members who will send a few emails for this guy trying to muggle up our forum.

Jonathan

Edited by listy
language (see edit history)

I had this problem with my tailgate struts wanted thread, but their was a warning at the top of the message from this site that he was not a fully paid member , which was very helpful, so I chose to ignore, and got a much better deal anyway from Matt p, cheers Matt.

:thumbs:

Alright I have baited this guy and he has responded to an add of mine. He is going by the PayPal name of [email protected] this time. As culllcfc in my wanted thread has pointed out in his reply this guy wants the money as a gift to avoid fees. PayPal gift will not give you a claim if you are scammed due to it being a gift and the fear of being double tapped. The IP addresses are as follows for anyone wishing to pursue this deeper wich I too am doing. First IP is in Mountain view CA USA 209.85.214.194 The second IP is a company called GIGLINX it to is south of Mountain view which must be where this dildo works 63.141.204.195

This dude is still using the name David Shelley so steer clear guys. I hate to to lose money and I would ate for anyone else to lose money too. Take this info and run with it.

EVLMKIV

Edited by EVLMKIV
update (see edit history)

Hmmm, just got this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375399383.252380.jpg

Connected do we think?

Worrying thing is, he's got my WORK e-mail address, and being motor trade, and not allowed to trade on the forum, how the fook's he got that!!?! I usually only get e-mails on that account via my website!? :confused: