The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just got pulled over, advice needed please

Suprakeith

i got stopped doing 101 and got 3 points and £60 fine, did it on a fixed penalty, I was lucky.

Bro in law doing the same went to court and got 6 points and £480 fine, they only gave him the 6 points to take him to 11 and not ban him because he was self employed, needed car for job etc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think at peak hit 120 but only for few seconds then just let car cruise down to 100ish. How long have they got to contact me? As officer said could take 6 to 8 weeks to hear

It might be even longer than that, was for me...I think you are looking at a court appearance/summons as like in Mr Lovers case you would have probably got the 3pts/fixed penalty at the roadside if you were going to get that. Try not to sweat it too much, what's done is done, be aware thought that if you go court and do get a short (and that's all it will be) ban then you can't drive back, that's it you are banned from that point on for 'x' days....which again can be a pita if you live a long distance from the area of the offence. My fine was means tested and I had to provide income etc details before the court date so they could work this out...nearly 10 years ago now so things may have changed.

LOL, that's a helpful thing now isn't it

It normally takes 3 days to reach that speed.

:rlol: 3 days with a good tail wind isn't it? (Also I've had an N/A so I'm allowed to do this) and I loved it :D

Ha I've always been a scary git you just never knew it!

scary? Bloomin heck I'll stay away from you then, unless you possibly meant sarcastic? ;)

Out of intrest if do get ban, how long am i likely to get to people reckon?

a very sort one if you get a letter from work explaining its you job and would loose it if a ban was put in place,

you have 6 months to get your court sumends and they wait that long too giving you hope lol.

i got caught doing 147 and got a 6 week ban and a £500 fine ,but represented myself and had a letter from work

insurance jumped to £2500 a year.

if you have old indorcments on your liecence send it off and get a new one with as little on as posible THEY DO LOOK!

how did you get caught they was just following you right?

you could fight it and hope that the offices didnt fill in paper work correctly or dont show at court (if contesting it) video eveidance is only used when contesting, it will be down to the report the officers wote on the day that the court reads and punishes you on.

but if you done it you done it and should face the music

The judge on my day said I was very lucky not to be getting a 4 month ban. Again it's at the judges discussion so you best pray his a petrol Head and not a green peace campainer. would not worry to much as said above just go smartly dressed and show remorse .

Does your job rely on you having a driving license? If so why was you doing over a ton (peaking at 120mph) if you knew the consequences could result in you getting banned if caught?

My job doesnt rely on me having car at all,its only 20minutes on bike. And wasnt thinking about the consequences if honest. Everyone speeds i was just unlucky and got caught

I hit 125 the other day and she still wanted to go but I s*** myself coz it was early evening and the bugs were slamming my windscreen and bonnet. I was passing a guy on the dual carriage way only at sixty five and he put his foot down he didn't want to let me pass. we hit a ton I put my foot down harder and it kicked down and I looked down at the speedo and thought s*** me we were passed the car and I just but the anchors on slowed down to fifty let the other guy under take me and pulled in behind me. When I got home the dead bugs on my car was unbelievable. lucky though as there no coppers around. I told myself we got away with that one! but make sure I doesn't happen again.

Does your job rely on you having a driving license? If so why was you doing over a ton (peaking at 120mph) if you knew the consequences could result in you getting banned if caught?

I hit 125 the other day and she still wanted to go but I s*** myself coz it was early evening and the bugs were slamming my windscreen and bonnet. I was passing a guy on the dual carriage way only at sixty five and he put his foot down he didn't want to let me pass. we hit a ton I put my foot down harder and it kicked down and I looked down at the speedo and thought s*** me we were passed the car and I just but the anchors on slowed down to fifty let the other guy under take me and pulled in behind me. When I got home the dead bugs on my car was unbelievable. lucky though as there no coppers around. I told myself we got away with that one! but make sure I doesn't happen again.

Why do people "race" complete strangers at those speeds? If you would have binned it or killed someone then it would all seem pretty pointless.

My job relies on the fact that I need to have a driving licence and although I "rep drive" on the motorway I always set myself limits of what I think will keep me out of trouble. Most of my hooning takes place on A & B national speed limit roads so if you are getting up to 70 and 80 it feels bloody quick and you will not lose your licence letting your hair down. Thing is, there is always the unforeseen that will catch you out.

On the NSX/Supra pancake weekend, I nearly came a cropper with a bus that I decided to overtake on a tight lane. Although I had room, it was all based on the bus holding straight. He didn't and luckily hopped over the white line just as I was about to go down the side of him. I jammed on and decided not to risk it.

At those speeds you are talking about, any change of speed or direction could be fatal. No need on public roads IMO. By all means kill yourself, it's the poor innocent bugger coming the other way I feel sorry for.

H.