The mkiv Supra Owners Club

24th, 25th and 26th August - Keep the dates free

Branners

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is anything at all happening with this ?

Agreed. Seems to have stalled but them so has the interest

We are still in the process of trying to sort out arrangements, it hasn't been easy!!

No point giving out details if we haven't even had confirmation yet.

Keep the dates free, would be a shame not to do something on the day the Supra was released in the UK 20 years ago.

I have these dates set aside but only just spotted the put your name down bit. I will be up for anything anywhere (within reason) from friday night to sunday lunch time.

Wish list:

Beer

Track (Drag, Drift, Circuit) - Even just 1. Lets go dragging like at Bovingdon

Beer

ummmm Beer - Done.

I have these dates set aside but only just spotted the put your name down bit. I will be up for anything anywhere (within reason) from friday night to sunday lunch time.

Wish list:

Beer

Track (Drag, Drift, Circuit) - Even just 1. Lets go dragging like at Bovingdon

Beer

ummmm Beer - Done.

+1 to that also for times as well as I shall have to head back for work either late sunday night or early sunday morning, depending on when Biebs wants to head home :)

I FINALLY remembered to check what I was doing over these dates and... I'm on leave! :ecstatic: So, despite this:

I'd quit this list the track day at witt ain't happening :(

I'm going to keep the list going, more as an expression of interest in AN event as opposed to THE event. :)

1.Mellonman

2. JamieP

3. Justin Beiber

4. Fly

5. Tsia

6. Dr Jekyll

7. Camry5Sgte

8. Shane

9. TT paul

10. Abz

11. David P

12. Marbleapple

13. DaveR

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this.

We've been trying to organise something with Toyota GB to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Supra and whilst the ideal scenario would have been to meet at Toyota HQ, due to regulations etc we just can't. However, Toyota GB are offering us some real support for the Rockingham meet in terms of:

• Commissioning and paying for a limited edition sticker for members through renown retro automotive artist Guy Allen (guyallen.co.uk).

• Having a standard Mk IV Supra along the Castrol Tom's Supra which won the Japanese GT series in 1997 at the event.

• Supplying and paying for a hog roast which will feed up to 150 people (we therefore will need to pin numbers down to some extent).

• A cake!

Plus, there is another element they're looking at as well.

What we need to do is get some real support and numbers from forum members for attending to make this happen and become a birthday party to remember.