MarkWs Bronze Behemoth - UPDATED page 42

Westy

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Managed to get a bit more work done on the interior this weekend...first up was the UK speedometer dial. The dial itself was a breeze to fit and IMO it looks 100% better than the j-spec dial with a sticker over the KPH!

Before

After

The issue now though is that the speedo dial is reading the signal from the converter wrong and the yellow KPH is reading the correct MPH...meaning the MPH is reading rather low compared to my actual speed! I raised a thread regarding which wire would require to be bridged to bypass the converter but as yet no answers are forthcoming!?:(

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?291732-HELP-Speed-Converter-Delimiter-Issue

Whilst the dash was out I also changed the ignition barrel light from green to red to match the footwell lights:

Today I popped up to Liams to crack on with fitting the black headliner. I'll let the pics say the rest:

Grey headliner:

Liam getting involved:

Race Spec!lol!

Black goodness :D

I did plan to put the Recaros in aswell but after a long day in the sun I thought a cold cider was a better option!:D

Hopefully I can get this speedo issue sorted ASAP and then I will look at refurbing the dash panels.

Green with envy reading this thread!! The paintwork on the pic with liam in the boot looks flawless Mark, absolutley beautiful supra and it getting better every week :thumbs: keep the updates coming

Really!?lol! Liam will vouch for how dirty the car was...even mentioned about cleaning it before I left his!:D

It's clean now though!;)

Another job done. Who's next?

:D Legend!

:blink:

:D

;)

I am disappointed in myself for not noticing this.

All I'll say is there is nothing wrong with male bonding if that's the sort of thing you're into.

Has to be done....mutual appreciation!:)

Have you had a hunt for the blue wire with orange bits yet lol

I've seen it in the pic I posted on the thread but need to look at what it's been spliced with on my next days off.

Seriously? It dont look at all dirty in that pic, im not picky enough for your Ocd mentality :D

Well it's clean now and that's what matters!lol

Eagle eyes amongst you may have noticed that the rubber grommet had popped at the bottom in the above pic! I did and it was driving me nuts so I tore everything out again and re fitted it nice and flush.

Didn't have any issues like this with the one on the black car but it was the previous design...everytime I tightened the large nut on this new design the grommet popped off at the bottom as it seems to be the point of pressure. Possibly the rubber has lost some of its flexibility over its 19 years in the Japanese sun!?

Nevertheless it's on properly now.:D

Sorry, that was a bit ambiguous... :oops: No I mean garage as in "My Garage" as in "View my Supra" on this very site of ours. Your black car has it's own space, I reckon your bronze one ought to too. :)

Of course you COULD build another garage by your house as well...! :p

Tried to create a garage when I got this car mate, but I can't do it for some reason and can't add any pics into the garage for the black car either...!?:blink:

Most likely reason is that I've or gotten how to do it right!lol