The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Future Build - Information Gathering

calebharry

Ok, i have done some research and have been unable to find what im loking for, the diference between he VVTi GTE and the Normal GTE...

Now, can the VVTi handle 1000Hp like the normal one? Or is it les, my knowledge of VVTi engines is not very good...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, i have done some research and have been unable to find what im loking for, the diference between he VVTi GTE and the Normal GTE...

Now, can the VVTi handle 1000Hp like the normal one? Or is it les, my knowledge of VVTi engines is not very good...

There is incorrect information going around that the VVTi has weaker rods than the pre-VVTi. This is only the case with the GE engines, NOT the GTEs. :)

Have a read of THIS thread. It covers a lot of the questions you may have. ;)

Graham im not trying to be rude, but if you dont like what I post then why take the time to read or comment?

And Kaan i am getting the Stage 4 but it was just for interest sakes i wanted to know weather the VVTi could handle the same power as the normal block...

But obviously im unwanted here again so ill just leave...

Thanks for the info

Graham im not trying to be rude, but if you dont like what I post then why take the time to read or comment?

And Kaan i am getting the Stage 4 but it was just for interest sakes i wanted to know weather the VVTi could handle the same power as the normal block...

Thanks for the info

Don't worry about it dude...! some ppl take themselves too seriously...! maybe just change the thread tittle to help me build my dream supra...! because it is really just now... you are a million years from making this build a reality, but its good to dream..! Aim for the stars and you may reach the skies..!

I personally am quite impressed at you communication skills, manors and knowledge for a 15 year old..! Don't mind the ''Serious bores'' they also don't expect to be taken seriously when they though a dig at you...! It's all good in the hood...! good luck with your future project.

Thanks for the info

I am joking you numpty :D

I also am having second doubts about the bodykit, dont get me wrong, i love the TS GT300, but i think there are better...

Now i am probably going to get a LOT of 'shite' for saying this, but I really like the look of the WoodOne Supra off of Gran Turismo 4, I believe that style is called JGTC or Super GT... I have been doing research but have not found any EXACT JGTC kits, on RHDJapan I saw the Tamon Design GT1 kit, but It just doesent look wide enough, and the Chargesped kit looks to square and diverts to much from the original look...

Can you guys please list some kits that are either JGTC kits, or are just extremely fecking wide...

Dude why don't you wait until you start puberty first... You never know you could turn out camp as fook, rolling around in a pink Mini Cooper !

I do admire your enthusiasm for a 15 yr old.

I have started puberty, although I dont see what that has to do with anything... And 'camp as fook' british slang from what I remember 8-9 years ago that means gay/homosexual? Thank you for your interest but no im not gay haha, although I have never had a girlfriend :( but I have given up on trying to get one of those and have started looking forward and preparing for the next most exiting thing of my life, Drivers License...

Edited by calebharry (see edit history)

I also am having second doubts about the bodykit, dont get me wrong, i love the TS GT300, but i think there are better...

Now i am probably going to get a LOT of 'shite' for saying this, but I really like the look of the WoodOne Supra off of Gran Turismo 4, I believe that style is called JGTC or Super GT... I have been doing research but have not found any EXACT JGTC kits, on RHDJapan I saw the Tamon Design GT1 kit, but It just doesent look wide enough, and the Chargesped kit looks to square and diverts to much from the original look...

Can you guys please list some kits that are either JGTC kits, or are just extremely fecking wide...

Here you go...

JGTC Kits

I have started puberty, although I dont see what that has to do with anything... And 'camp as fook' british slang from what I remember 8-9 years ago that means gay/homosexual? Thank you for your interest but no im not gay haha, although I have never had a girlfriend :( but I have given up on trying to get one of those and have started looking forward and preparing for the next most exiting thing of my life, Hookers and cocaine

Fixed

Mhmm, I think I found the one... BRS AutoDesign Supra GT type 2, Sexy as! Theres something about it that makes it IMO better than the Tamon, Abflug, and the Esprit... Ive emailed them asking for some pics in white because the only photos of the kit (apart from ones taken from Forza 4) are these purple/pink ones with decals all over it...

http://www.brs-autodesign.com/images/Projects/Supra/DSC_3372.JPG

http://www.brs-autodesign.com/images/Projects/Supra/DSC_3364.JPG

http://www.brs-autodesign.com/images/Projects/Supra/DSC_3378.JPG

Do you think it would look good in white, with CF hood, boot, and spoiler?

Ridox or TRD, anything more looks tacky and cheap imo, I'm still surprised this is still going to be honest. You need to be getting good grades and finish college with the idea of a 100k car that is your "toy" and making at least 100k a year to afford this.

Your ideas are becoming very "ricer" or "boy racer" as they call it here in the UK. You are worried about a big body kit, big heavy ICE, and then you want to rebuild the car from the ground up? These cars don't need much aesthetics wise, and a heavy stereo system is over the top for "STEAL ME"

Edited by k2supra (see edit history)

and a heavy stereo system is over the top for "STEAL ME"

I understand what you are saying, but one of the first things I am going to install is the best, safest security system so sensitive that it goes off if you kick the wheel (my mates Impreza has one that sensitive) with an immobilizer built in as well...