Future Build - Information Gathering

calebharry

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok then, I will buy some high-quality tyres then... And also, i want to have the bucket seats with a 4 point harness (i dont like the look of bucket seats with a normal seatbelt) So, does the cusco roll cage come with a place to mount your harness?

Dude please ,I respect and understand your enthusiasm I really do bu you will earn respect and not attract so much abuse if you do some research, there are other sites tha will provide you information on cars/ supras and other things that will answer your questions and will mean you don't keep rubbing people up the wrong way.

Ok then, I will buy some high-quality tyres then... And also, i want to have the bucket seats with a 4 point harness (i dont like the look of bucket seats with a normal seatbelt) So, does the cusco roll cage come with a place to mount your harness?

Not sure, you looked it up yet or will you wait 10 years until you find that you prefer a normal seat belt?

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been here for a while... Just a little update on the stereo system i will be fitting into my Supra...

2 x Hifonics ATL4CX 4" 30W RMS (Front doors)

2 x Hifonics ATL653 6.5" 45W RMS (Rear)

Boot:

4 x Hifonics Triton HF8SQ-i4 200W RMS (Squares)

1 x Hifonics Zeus ZRX2000.4 250W x 4 @ 4 ohm (Squares amp)

2 x Hifonics Mt. Olympus OLM1600D2 1600W RMS (3200W Maxx) (Subwoofer)

2 x Hifonics Brutus BRX2400.1D 1600W RMS (Subwoofer amp)

This is what it will hopefully look like when finished (you get the idea)

Tell me what you think :)

-Caleb

Supra boot.jpg

Haven't been here for a while... Just a little update on the stereo system i will be fitting into my Supra...

2 x Hifonics ATL4CX 4" 30W RMS (Front doors)

2 x Hifonics ATL653 6.5" 45W RMS (Rear)

Boot:

4 x Hifonics Triton HF8SQ-i4 200W RMS (Squares)

1 x Hifonics Zeus ZRX2000.4 250W x 4 @ 4 ohm (Squares amp)

2 x Hifonics Mt. Olympus OLM1600D2 1600W RMS (3200W Maxx) (Subwoofer)

2 x Hifonics Brutus BRX2400.1D 1600W RMS (Subwoofer amp)

This is what it will hopefully look like when finished (you get the idea)

Tell me what you think :)

-Caleb

[ATTACH=CONFIG]170203[/ATTACH]

Not my cup of tea - I know its only a drawing but takes up to much room (Not that you can fit much in the boot of a supra) I'd have something bespoke like the SRD subwoofer that sits under the boot carpet!

Looks like another Supra ruined.

Not my cup of tea - I know its only a drawing but takes up to much room (Not that you can fit much in the boot of a supra) I'd have something bespoke like the SRD subwoofer that sits under the boot carpet!

Agreed, best setup I have ever done. That looks extremely chavtastic!!

:drag:

Good to see your enthusiasm young man we need youngsters to take on the mantle. I love your dreams as well, I can remember all I wanted at 15 was an Audi quatro (never owned one in the end:rolleyes:).

Times change, Japanese sports cars back in the early 80's were carp but look what happened in the late 80's and 90's. I would save and purchase your ideal project car first then look at what you want to do.

Some of the project threads on here are a good place to start and an indication of what can be achieved and the money it costs.

Infernos build was awesome and gives a good indication of timescales and cost and what can be achieved with a lot of hard work, cash and know how but even he looked for the ideal project car first. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?220866-My-Supra-Restored-and-Built-from-the-Ground-Up. EDITED!!! I have just read your reaction on Infernos build. Probably the wrong link for you then:rolleyes:

Temper your enthusiasm a bit and learn off the guys who have done it or at least parts of it (on here and other Supra forums), then when you can drive SAFELY, legally and can afford Supra tax and insurance buy your ideal project car and enjoy the ride before ripping it to bits. You have not driven many cars yet (if any) so have no idea what a Supra drives like or any other car for that matter.

It was good of you to apologise in the original post but I do think you have a lot of learning to do and my god a whole lot of growing up and fun to be had;)before even thinking of embarking on a project this size. After all that has been said good luck with your dreams:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by jonc (see edit history)

Yeah I know it looks chavvy, but it is just a basic sketch and when its done it will probably be built in with the boot carpet covering the whole setup (so that it doesent look like I just chucked random boxes in...)

I want to use that setup but the actual location of the subs and amps may change... And I do want it to be show-car like...

Im not going to drive it everyday, it will be used on special occasions or when im bored ect.

No offence but i dont see why you guys think it looks bad :search:

Edit: Here are pictured of the actual speakers, subs and amps... They are very good looking IMO

Boot Squares.jpg

'Squares' Amp.jpg

SUBWOOFAH.jpg

Subwoofer Amp.png

Mmmmmm...

Edited by calebharry (see edit history)

Guest Madmatt9797
I think the joke is the fact he wants to fill it with subwoofers.

Ah, it's all a joke on this thread tbh.

The F&F, boot builds spilling out the backs of cars are long gone I'm afraid mate. Probably around when you were just a twinkle in your parents eye. But back to reality, that boot build wont go very far into the panels or floor of the car as most of the trim around a Supra IS the floor. By the time you get around to owning and spending money on a Supra, the look will have been toned down even further from what it is now and simple will be better. Body kits, audio builds, engine bling will all be a thing of the past IMO :)

20 years ago a supra looked like this

http://www.davesdiscountautoparts.com/wimages/Supra.jpg

10 years ago a supra looked like this

Now supras look like this.

in 10 years time most supras will likely look like this.

or this