The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much HP or KW will i be making with this setup?

calebharry

Even though this lad still has "chicken skin", I am quite impressed with his level of knowledge and his quest for more.

With him being 15 I am seeing a little over enthusiasm but he can spell and discuss things in a calm and controlled manor. Puts a lot of our 20 somethings to shame on here. Hence why I have not put the boot in.

H.

You're struggling to restrain yourself though, right? :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to admire the lad for his persistance, wasn't we all abit like him at that age? We had a dream car in mind and wanted to modify it in every possible way.

As H pointed out, if he can discuss things without getting stupid, why not give him some pointers and the benefit of our experience.

Not sure if im reading things different but he seems a genuine enough kid and is only interested about learning and gathering information!. Ok yeah i agree he should use the "search" button a bit and do some reading up on his own.

Cant see why some are first to take the piss out of someone and just rip into them. I think you should give the guy a break. We was all in the same boat at some point, i know my threads were similar when i first was learning about stuff.

You're struggling to restrain yourself though, right? :D

Obviously..!!

I agree to a degree, the guy has taken the banter pretty well. But where is a 15 year old going to get £28k that he said he was going to throw at his car to make it 1000bhp...?

Are you in a charitable mood Add?

You need to support the kids mate. I believe the children are the future......

Obviously..!!

You need to support the kids mate. I believe the children are the future......

Screw the children!

Oh wait... My bad! :(

To be fair, I had a 290bhp RS Turbo at the age of 16. Although Supra's are a totally different kettle of fish. The money required is about 10 times the amount of an RS.

Good luck with the insurance kid!

Thanks... Also, on my other thread... Im gonna ask it here too... Is it possible to do a V160 (5spd manual) to the Getrag 6-Speed manual? If i can get the gearbox then what else needs to be done to fit it? Or will it straight up just bolt on? Thanks

Just thought I'd correct this one for your future reference :)

The V160 IS the Getrag 6 speed manual box. There was also the V161 which had different ratios (also a Getrag 6 speed, found on later models). The 5 speed manual box found in the N/A model was the W58. You will also come across mention of the R154 box. It was the 5 speed featured on the mkIII Supra (possibly other cars too, I can't recall).

Not sure if im reading things different but he seems a genuine enough kid and is only interested about learning and gathering information!. Ok yeah i agree he should use the "search" button a bit and do some reading up on his own.

Cant see why some are first to take the piss out of someone and just rip into them. I think you should give the guy a break. We was all in the same boat at some point, i know my threads were similar when i first was learning about stuff.

Got to admire the lad for his persistance, wasn't we all abit like him at that age? We had a dream car in mind and wanted to modify it in every possible way.

As H pointed out, if he can discuss things without getting stupid, why not give him some pointers and the benefit of our experience.

Even though this lad still has "chicken skin", I am quite impressed with his level of knowledge and his quest for more.

With him being 15 I am seeing a little over enthusiasm but he can spell and discuss things in a calm and controlled manor. Puts a lot of our 20 somethings to shame on here. Hence why I have not put the boot in.

Thanks... I appreciate you saying that...

I agree to a degree, the guy has taken the banter pretty well. But where is a 15 year old going to get £28k that he said he was going to throw at his car to make it 1000bhp...?

As i said (Well, I think I said) This will be a build over a period of like 5-6 years... And i will have a Job as well... Actually im planning to be a pilot in the RNZAF and that pays $33,000 A year During TRAINING.. when you finish training it goes up, and up, and up... and keeps going to about $160,000 a year when your a Squadron leader or something... I can already fly VERY basicly and do you know what? Its easier than flying a jet in BF3! So yes, i wont be paying the $50,000-$60,000 all at once... And this car is not going to be a everyday driver...

BTW The colour scheme is going to be: Pearl white with the Top Secret GT-300 Bodykit, Carbon fiber hood/bonnet and boot, with 19 inch volks black with chrome lip... What you guys think...?

PS Titan motorsports recommended with the 3.4ltr stroker it would be better to get 2 67 or 71mm turbos instead of a 88... :'( Ok, 71mm it is, i better be making 1000hp!

nice to see your getting round to the realistic side of your build, bigger is not always better ,and that a 1000 hp supra would be killed by a 1.8 mx5 around town.

i would try and get a ride in a high power supra and see how it is, i expect alot of lag at 1000hp maybe little boost until 6k

19" wheels would be poor for grip and at 1000 hp you need all the grip you can get , you need more of a side wall to take up the slack.nice colour though

I'd get used to 120bhp before 1200bhp dude

An take that from experienced members, who have been there and done that. This isn't a modern day car which help you when you mess up, I nearly stacked a Ferrari F430 about 5 years ago! If it wasn't for the gadgets it would have been all over. Even then I had over 5 years of driving experience with a mix of high performance RWD. These things can bite… hard so please bear that in mind, no reset buttons here.